Thread: Helton could be traded to Redsox

Helton could be traded to Redsox

According to Troy E. Renck of the Denver Post, the Rockies and Red Sox have had recent discussions about Todd Helton.
    Back at the Winter Meetings a few Manny Ramirez trade rumors centered around the Red Sox acquiring the 33-year-old Helton, but now it appears the Rockies may want young relievers like Craig Hansen or Manny Delcarmen instead. Helton does have a complete no-trade clause, but according to the report would consider Boston. For any deal to get done the Rockies will have to eat a significant portion of the remaining six-year and $90.1 million contract.
    Source: Denver Post
    http://www.rotoworld.com/content/home_MLB.aspx
    -------------------------

I wouldn't do this if I was Theo..

Rookie ERA
    Helton seems to be on the delcline and makes a boatload of money... as a Jays fan i say do it Theo.

MLB ERA
    I don't know how much Helton is really declining. He is still an excellent average hitter and on base guy, still have great gap power, but for some reason he just can't hit homeruns anymore which in turn hurts his 100 run, 100 RBI ability. You use to put him up for 30-40 homeruns 100+ runs and RBI a year but he can barely crack 20 anymore.

It would be interesting to see what kind of numbers Manny could put up in Coors.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

Quote Originally Posted by Molina00
    I don't know how much Helton is really declining. He is still an excellent average hitter and on base guy, still have great gap power, but for some reason he just can't hit homeruns anymore which in turn hurts his 100 run, 100 RBI ability. You use to put him up for 30-40 homeruns 100+ runs and RBI a year but he can barely crack 20 anymore.

It would be interesting to see what kind of numbers Manny could put up in Coors.
    Manny's not in the deal. Rockies wants Declarmen and Hansen for Helton. I wouldn't do this trade, Helton is over 30 and he only does well in Coors, also his salary is humongous

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by MLBaddict
    Manny's not in the deal. Rockies wants Declarmen and Hansen for Helton. I wouldn't do this trade, Helton is over 30 and he only does well in Coors, also his salary is humongous
    Right. I forgot that part as I was typing my reply. I wouldn't do that trade either if it involved giving up to young stud pitchers.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000