Thread: Anyone going to opening day vs Padres?

Rookie ERA

Anyone going to opening day vs Padres?

Me and a couple fellas are going. Probably just grabbing some cheap seats in the Rock pile if anyone else is interested in joining up.

MLB ERA
    One of these days I'm going to make it to Coors Field. I saw a pitcher hit one like 430 feet last year; that's when I told myself that I have got to check that place out.

I'll bet the city league softball games are a trip; 180 lb dudes hitting the ball 350 feet.

AA ERA
    I would love to go to that brewery and that sports bar right by Coors Field.

For some reason, I always thought baseball was much better played at the old Mile High Stadium where the Rockies played for the first two years.

AA ERA
    Hmm. Is that Monday? Should I make the 7 hour drive over there and skip school?

Probably not.

Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Steak
    I would love to go to that brewery and that sports bar right by Coors Field.

For some reason, I always thought baseball was much better played at the old Mile High Stadium where the Rockies played for the first two years.

Yeah I never had the chance to go to a Rockies game at Ole Mile High. Coors field is pretty spectacular though. Plenty of breweries around that is for sure. Some call Denver the Munich of America or something to that effect. I'm pretty sure that Coors brews "Blue Moon" right in Coors field.

Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Meck77
    Yeah I never had the chance to go to a Rockies game at Ole Mile High. Coors field is pretty spectacular though. Plenty of breweries around that is for sure. Some call Denver the Munich of America or something to that effect. I'm pretty sure that Coors brews "Blue Moon" right in Coors field.
    Hey Meck! Nice job your boys did on the Padres! (heh, heh, heh) As a Cubs fan, you can imagine I have more love for them than I do the Chargers.

Nice to see an MLB board up again.

Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by A'sDiehard
    . I'll bet the city league softball games are a trip; 180 lb dudes hitting the ball 350 feet.

It can be if they use Blue Dot softballs but they mostly use restricted flight balls, they hit a certain distance and then just die...........

However I feel the need to put one myth to rest, everyone has heard how hard it is to get a breaking ball to really work at altitude and I see where pitchers ***** and moan about playing here but I have played both here and in Florida at sea level and I really never noticed much of a difference. I faced plenty of guys right here in Co. that had nasty breakers........I personally think its just an excuse that pitchers use these days.