Thread: Huston Street!

Huston Street!

Huston Street is a closer prospect for the A's. He is expected to reach the Majors atleast later on in the season if he keeps it up, what do you think of him?

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    it appears he's going to make the team out of spring training, but he won't be the closer any time soon...I'd like them to let him get some more professional experience since he was only drafted in June and hasn't been playing professionally for a year yet!

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    I would consider putting Street in the closer's role if I was Oakland. Octavio Dotel was terrible last year and looks like he has lost a tremendous amount of confidence while Street looks electric.

AA ERA
    He is amazing. He was always great in Omaha for the CWS.

MLB ERA
    While he's a great prospect he still needs a lot of work.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Street should be given at least a setup role.

Thats what I'm hearing right now. I have mainly heard he is goign to be the setup for Dotel.

MLB ERA
    interesting because it would make more sense to keep him in low pressure situations at this point to get him experience if they're bent on having him on the roster...Cruz/Calero can be set ups...I believe Cruz is going to get a few saves on Dotel's off days or whatever

AA ERA
    I'd let him close at AAA for a bit and then bring him up and let him close at the MLB level and trade Dotel. I think he is going to be a top closer for years to come.

MLB ERA
    that is what I'd do and that is what I'm doing in MVP baseball 2005

I don't think Street is that great. He was a very dominating college pitcher but their is plenty of guys with better arms and more upside. He probably will be a good Major Leaguer and solid closer but I don't think he'll ever dominate like he did with the Longhorns.

Looked great as a closer for the Horns last year. He's going to have a good career in the bigs, if everything goes as planned. It's not that great of an idea to rush the kid, allow him to get some pro games under his belt in the minors beforing bringing him up.

I think he's ready. Chad Cordero made a quick jump to the pros(Even faster then Street) and he turned out great. The problem I have with Street is his upside. But their was no doubt he was going to go through the minors quickly. A bit too quick maybe but I expected it.

AA ERA
    Street is now in the Majors. I picked him up in 3 Fantasy Leagues where I need RP help so I hope he works out.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

I picked him up in 1. Street (and Byrnes who wants to be a hero all the time) screwed us over yesterday.