Thread: Does anybody know what happened to Ryan Kenning?

Rookie ERA

Does anybody know what happened to Ryan Kenning?

He won the NCAA homerun challenge back in 2002. Anaheim drafted him in the 12th round in 2002.

I spoke with someone I used to play with who also played with Ryan and he said that after the homerun competition he went to play for a rookie team in the Angels farm system and was hitting a buck something.

A few months ago, a friend of mine said she talked to his cousin and that his cousin said the Yankees now own his rights? I'm not sure how much of that I believe because the Yankees are probably the only baseball team she could name. :p

The last info I can find on him on the internet is from summer of 2002 when he was playing for the Provo Angels.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA
    kenning doesn't play for the yankees...searched their entire roster...

Same for the angels...

i would bet that he is out of baseball.

mlb.com, BaseballAmerica, and Yahoo!, didn't have anything on him after 2002.

a lot of coverage on his homers though...

Rookie ERA
    http://www.weny.com/Sports-Pioneers....ICLE3375=39702

Keagle Will Pitch
    Neille Giffune

THE ELMIRA PIONEERS HAVE SIGNED TWO MORE PLAYERS FOR THE UPCOMING SEASON IN TREY BEAMON, A FORMER MAJOR LEAGUER, AND RYAN KENNING.
    MORE IMPORTANTLY, GREG KEAGLE WILL BE BACK TO MANAGE THE PIOS IN 2005 BUT HE'L ALSO BE TAKING ON ANOTHER ROLE. AS THEIR NUMBER ONE PITCHER.
    PLUS ONE OF KEAGLE'S FORMER TEAMMATES FROM DETRIOT, TREY BEAMON, IS JOINING THE PIOS AS A PLAYER-COACH
    BEAMON, A SECOND ROUND DRAFT PICK IN 1992 BY THE PITTSBURGH PIRATES, PLAYED 95 GAMES IN THE 'SHOW' POSTING A CAREER BATTING AVERAGE OF 253.
    IN ADDITION TO DETRIOT HE SPENT TIME WITH PITTSBURGH AND SAN DIEGO IN THE BIG LEAGUES.
    HE'LL DO DOUBLE DUTY AS AN OUTFIELDER AND A BENCH COACH FOR THE PIOS.
    MOST RECENTLY BEAMON PLAYED WITH THE GARY RAILCATS OF THE NORTHERN LEAGUE IN 2004.US THE PIONEERS WELCOME BACK OUTFIELDER RYAN KENNING.
    LAST YEAR THE OUTFIELDER APPEARED IN FIVE GAMES WITH THE PIOS.
    KENNING WAS THE DRAFTED IN THE 12TH ROUND OF THE 2002 M-L-B DRAFT BY THE ANAHEIM ANGELS.

http://www.elmirapioneers.com/roster.html