Thread: 2018 College World Series

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

2018 College World Series

Anybody else watching this right now on ESPN? Arkansas was one out away from the winning the World Series, and the Oregon State hitter pops up to the first base side, but neither of the three Arkansas fielders in the area could come up with the catch, and Oregon State scores the game-tying and go-ahead runs.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: 2018 College World Series

And Oregon State holds on to the win to force Game 3. I'm sure this loss won't come back to haunt Arkansas.

Rookie ERA

Yes... I was watching. I had a very bad feeling at the start of the inning when the pitcher started off to the first batter with a stupid curve-ball about 55 ft. He was then trying to throw so hard he didn't really know where it was going. I hate that. Then I thought O.St would lose for bunting the guy to second and giving up the out. Then the catcher missed the ball... I hate that the most. Then O.St brings in torn hamstring guy... Jeez, a wild ending.

No excuse for that pop-up tho. 2nd baseman all the way. Arkansas was like 40-0 when ahead in the 8th.

Oregon St may want to start the next game the Tampa Bay way... their starter era is like 18.

Like watching when I care nothing for either team.
    MSL Athletics GM- 2065+

HOFF Athletics GM- 1978+
    VAV Phillies GM- 1985+

VAV Hornets GM- 1993/94+
    (95/96 Champions)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

And just like the 1986 Red Sox, 2003 Cubs, and 2011 Texas Rangers, Arkansas completely lets down in the winner-take-all game. Human nature.
    Last edited by realmofotalk; 06-29-2018 at 01:28 AM.