Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Official 2005 Nebraska Baseball Thread

AA ERA

Official 2005 Nebraska Baseball Thread

Yay! HUGE series this weekend with Texas. Tonight's game is on ESPN2 at 6CST and the other two are on ESPN I think. I have to work during all three though I think . Guess I tape them.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

The Clubhouse Co-Mod HuskerFan2002's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    Oh man...you missed probably the best game in Husker baseball history. I swear. That game was insane!

AA ERA
    I saw some of it. My tape stoped at 8:56 though so 10th inning on was not there . I had only set it to tape till 9 though because I wanted to watch the Nuggets game. Oh well you live and you learn. Great game from what I saw. Can't belive Gordon struggled soooo bad. Joba was AWESOME. I'm so amazed that he has done this well after pitching DII last year. HE was at UNK last year and now he's the ace on the #4 team in the country.

I hope todays game is as good.
    I aim to try

AA ERA
    Well the Huskers lose the next 2 and fall to 10th nationally. Today was rained out but we play a double-header now tomorrow.
    I aim to try

AAA ERA
    16 innings wasnt it?

AAA ERA
    Yep.

MLB ERA
    That game was awesome, but it should not have went as long as it did. Balk? You joking me?

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by MarinersFan87
    That game was awesome, but it should not have went as long as it did. Balk? You joking me?
    Both teams got screwed during the series. First it was Texas last Friday then it was Nebraska on Sunday. I didn't see no balk. It was more of a phantom call, if you ask me.

AA ERA
    Yea lots of balks called all weeekend. Weird, werid series.
    I aim to try

AA ERA
    Well we won the regular season title(tied with Baylor but won the season series). Then we lost the opening game of the Big XII Tourney to Texas Tech but won 5 straight to take the tourney. Great job by Duensing to shut down Baylor in the title game (I think that is who it was). Now we are on the road to Omaha. Regional this weekend in Lincoln, us vs. Illinois Chicago and NC State vs Creighton. That will be amazing. If we win that we likely play Miami FL (HOTT rivalry in football ). That would be in Lincoln too as we are #3 seed in the nation. We do not have to leave the state to win it all.

Can't wait for this weekend.
    I aim to try

MLB ERA
    I know you guys don't want to hear it, but the NCAA did Nebraska a favor. Giving them a Super when their RPI is 18th?

AA ERA
    I know you guys don't want to hear it, but the NCAA did Nebraska a favor. Giving them a Super when their RPI is 18th?
    I hear you on that, but they won the Big XII regular season and Postseason Tournament. I think they did enough to earn it, even with a low RPI. They really couldn't have done much more this year other then picking up a few more wins.
    I aim to try

MLB ERA
    Playing a touger OOC schedule would've helped too.

AA ERA
    Playing a touger OOC schedule would've helped too.
    That was a key part of getting us here though. We have a young pitching staff and without that we would have had trouble getting going.

It's also harder for a team like Nebraska to play a great non-conference schedule when you end up playing your first month away from home and then do not have a ton of time to get some tough OOC games. If we were to schedule tougher games most of them would be road games early on, and that isn't good for the team. We did have a few good games out of conference (Took 2 from Rice and I think a couple from Wichita St., not sure if we played anyone else significant.)
    I aim to try

AAA ERA
    Given the fact that we won a Big XII Championship plus a regular season co-championship(split with Baylor), their was no other choice but host a super regional in Lincoln. If Nebraska only won one game during the Big XII Championship and lost the third game in the tournament, I wouldn't think we'd get a super regional.

If any of you ever been to Hawks Field in Haymarket Park, you'll agree with me that Nebraska has the best fan support of college baseball in the Big XII or perhaps in the nation.

Damn, its a shame I can't go to a regional this weekend. Horrible timing. If the game started at 7:05, I would make it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast