Thread: Georgia Wins The LLWS

MLB ERA

Georgia Wins The LLWS

Congrats to the youngster from Georgia! What a way to finish off the game and the LLWS. Its always fun to see a walk off home run whether its the pros or the young ones. Amazing job Mr. Carriker that is just flat out amazing, we'll probably see you in the majors one day.
    History belonged to Georgia on Sunday afternoon.

Dalton Carriker lined a game-winning homer over the right-field wall in the bottom of the eighth inning to lift Warner Robins, Ga., to a 3-2 victory over Japan in the championship game of the Little League World Series at Lamade Stadium.

The victory delivered back-to-back titles to Warner Robins' home state and proved that the third time's also a charm for Georgia. They gave the U.S. a third straight series title and Georgia a third championship in just the state's third World Series appearance. Columbus won it all last year while East Marietta did so in 1983.

It took just one swing off Japan pitcher Junsho Kiuchi to end the longest title game in nearly 30 years and touch off a raucous celebration on both the field and in the stands as the crowd roared, "USA! USA! USA!"

Georgia was in this position because of tremendous pitching from Keaton Allen and Kendall Scott, who were terrific over 7 2/3 innings, holding Japan's potent offense to just five hits. Japan scored single runs in each of the first two innings, but was silenced from then on.

Meanwhile, Warner Robins quickly erased the early deficit with Allen's two-out, two-run double over the center fielder's head to tie the game in the second.

The victory must have taken on significance because, as against Texas the day before in the U.S. title game, few gave Georgia a chance Sunday. Lubbock, Texas, manager Ed Thorne, for instance, said Saturday "Japan will win that ballgame" and said Sunday he "wouldn't be surprised if it was by a large score."

Ultimately, the prediction proved wrong on both counts.
    The Official Site of Major League Baseball: News: Major League Baseball News
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

MLB ERA

Re: Georgia Wins The LLWS

We taking it again next year. 3 in a ROW.

MLB ERA

Congrats GA. I use to live down there when I was younger. Robins AFB is located in Warner Robins. My parents were born about 45 mins to 1 hour south from Warner Robins.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by ATLien View Post
    We taking it again next year. 3 in a ROW.
    No way man, Idaho is going to come out of no where and take it all!
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

Bench Warmer
    Rookie ERA

Congrats to Warner Robins, GA! Well deserved!

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Way to get it done Georgia!!

You are truly the W. S. champions!!! CONGRATS!!

Los Angelos Dodgers GM
    Rookie ERA

I'm going to burst everyone's bubble. The LLWS sucks. The fences are so short. The winning HR was hit off the end of the bat to the opposite field. WTF is that? When I was their age the bases were 80 feet, and the pitching mound was 54 feet. Sorry, I just hate the LLWS and all the fuss they get when they really aren't that good. Even the players who you think are good will end up not being any good because they just matured faster than the other kids. The other kids will catch up and eventually be better than them.

MLB ERA

why you mad?

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

LLWS sucks, why are 12 year olds being televised
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA

Cause they have unbelieved talent, I honestly can't believe you can say that. The LLWS is one of the most interesting things to watch. It is mind blowing to see a 12 year old throw 68 MPH fastball. Besides we will more then likely see these kids in 10 years in the majors.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

MLB ERA

Who cares? It's cute, but irrelavant.

Gimme Pittsburgh-Tampa Bay anyday.