View Poll Results: Who's your pick at third base long term?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alex Gordon, Kansas City

10 83.33%
  • Ian Stewart, Colorado

2 16.67%

Thread: Poll: Who ya got long term?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Poll: Who ya got long term?

Pretty simple here, the best two third base prospects in the minors. Remember, this is not the best prospect right now, this is the best player long term.

It's me... Gene Parmesan
    Rookie ERA
    I said Alex Gordon. He is a year older, but in the same league he absolutely tore it up in his first year of pro ball. Meanwhile, Stewart's batting stats have gone progressively down each level that he has gone up. Granted, there is a 1 yr age difference, but right now it looks like Gordon is the more polished player and will be the better long term pro, IMO.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...bedard2006.jpg

TSSL - Houston Astros
    TPSL - Chicago White Sox

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I like that Gordon can pretty much do it all, so let's go with him.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I like Gordon's skill set, current development and outlook for his future based on those two. Not to mention that KC desperately needs Gordon to live up to his hype as any future success will largely depend on it, that's not a finding based on numbers or evaluation, just what I would really like to see.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Shealy, Gordon and Butler for years to come will finally have something worth watching in KC.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Gordon is baseball's best offensive prospect IMO. His 1.016 OPS wasn't only crazy, but it lead the league last season. He hit 29 HRs with 101 RBIs for Wichita for his first full pro season. This dude even stole 22 bases last year. How many third baggers are known for speed and ability to swipe bases?

Teahan will likely move to the outfield and Gordon will fall in at his natural position and flourish this season. I think he is a true contender for ROY.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    ian stewart had a down year last year, but i dont think he should just be dismissed. kaufmann stadium is immensely spacious, whereas coors is coors as we all know, and ian has serious power potential. i think on an even playing surface, id take alex gordon... and voted on the poll as such, because alex gordon is a 5 tool player arguably... but ill definitely take ian in coors over alex in kc. if ian stewart made 50 homers a regularity for himself in coors i wouldnt be shocked.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I'll go with Gordon as well, Butler will give him the much needed protection that Stewart probably won't have(Definately not sold on Koshansky). Both should still be very good pros, though.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Let's not fool ourselves Wilton, Stewart will have protection as well or at least help in the lineup. Holliday, Atkins and Hawpe are going to be in Colorado for a while. Then you have the prospect that Helton is once again blocking whose name escapes me.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Gordon, for the same reasons everybody else said. Really nothing new to add here.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Let's not fool ourselves Wilton, Stewart will have protection as well or at least help in the lineup. Holliday, Atkins and Hawpe are going to be in Colorado for a while. Then you have the prospect that Helton is once again blocking whose name escapes me.
    *sigh* I casually forgot about everyone on Colorado for some reason(Not purposely.) Koshansky is the guy that Helton is blocking, and I'm not sold that he's going to be that great of a player in the majors anyway.