Thread: Sabathia has good game

Sabathia has good game

Link

LAKE BUENA VISTA, FLA. - C.C. Sabathia looked like he was ready to start the season Thursday.

He threw 91 pitches in holding the Atlanta Braves to four hits and one run in six innings, striking out six and walking three.

More than that, from Sabathia's perspective, he got a hit. Playing in a National League team's ballpark, Sabathia got to show off his skill with the bat.

In his first trip to the plate, in the third inning, Sabathia lashed a single to right. That gave Indians pitchers two hits in two at-bats for the spring; Cliff Lee hit safely against the Cincinnati Reds earlier in the week.

``That's all we were talking about,'' said Sabathia of his hit. ``I'm glad I tied Cliff. I don't want to hear that from him all spring.''

Sabathia was kidding, and he almost held up his end of the bargain again in his second at-bat. He hit a hard ground ball off the pitcher that was gloved by the second baseman, who threw out Sabathia.

More important, Sabathia was in control of his delivery and moved the ball around like a pitcher who is less than two weeks away from his first start.

Indians manager Eric Wedge said he is not trying to raise pitch counts earlier than usual, though that's the way it seems.

``We're right on track with that,'' he said, but added that it's more important for Sabathia to be prepared because, ``He's first out of the gate.''

Sabathia will start the season opener in Chicago April 2.
    Too bad he's going to post a 5 ERA and help me win my sig bet.

Nice to hear that Sabathia is pitching well.

Any thoughts Indian fans?

Rookie ERA
    He seems ready to have a break out season. With better guys pitching around him he should have a pretty good year.

Woah...you made a sigbet that hinges on Sabathia having a 5 ERA? Explain. Pronto
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishercat
    Woah...you made a sigbet that hinges on Sabathia having a 5 ERA? Explain. Pronto
    ha ha. Check out the thread "Mota's #2 command". Pronk and I made a sig bet on teams ERA between the Indians & Tigers. Whoever has the better team ERA at the end of the season will win the sig bet.

Now, if Sabathia gets his ERA up to a 4 or 5 , it'll only help the Indians team ERA go up.

Clearly, this will be an easy win for the Tigers.

08 AL Cy Young: Cliff Lee Pronk48's Avatar
    Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by RockSports17
    Link

Too bad he's going to post a 5 ERA and help me win my sig bet.

Nice to hear that Sabathia is pitching well.

Any thoughts Indian fans?
    I think Sabathia is gonna be hella good this year.He may be a serious contender for Cy Young IMHO.It's not homerism,I truly believe he can be a true stud pitcher.

And fat chance of winning the sig bet man,lol.Oh man,is this season gonna be fun.
    Cleveland Indians : 0-5, 5th AL Central
    Pittsburgh Pirates Record: 3-2. 1st NL Central

Quote Originally Posted by Pronk48
    I think Sabathia is gonna be hella good this year.He may be a serious contender for Cy Young IMHO.It's not homerism,I truly believe he can be a true stud pitcher.

And fat chance of winning the sig bet man,lol.Oh man,is this season gonna be fun.
    Really, do you think Sabathia is going to win the Cy Young this year? He could if he stays healthy. Now, I say stay healthy, because I have a feeling that he's going to be injured this season, and be injured for a great amount of time. Lets just say it's my.........ah........hopes.

I see Bonderman having a good chance at winning the Cy Young. It's just the homer in me though.

Oh and this season will definitely be fun. A lot of fun.

YOU ARE ALL HOMERS!!!

We all know Beckett wins the Cy Young this year anyway...*runs*

And Rock wins alone for having The Gambler on his side. Worst case, he can punch Sabathia's gut, then he can't eat and will dwindle down to 300 pounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishercat
    And Rock wins alone for having The Gambler on his side. Worst case, he can punch Sabathia's gut, then he can't eat and will dwindle down to 300 pounds.
    LOL. Didn't you hear Kenny Rogers is going to anger management?

Really, Beckett win the Cy Young?

08 AL Cy Young: Cliff Lee Pronk48's Avatar
    Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by RockSports17
    Really, do you think Sabathia is going to win the Cy Young this year? He could if he stays healthy. Now, I say stay healthy, because I have a feeling that he's going to be injured this season, and be injured for a great amount of time. Lets just say it's my.........ah........hopes.

I see Bonderman having a good chance at winning the Cy Young. It's just the homer in me though.

Oh and this season will definitely be fun. A lot of fun.
    I don't see him being injured at all this season.And if he does get injured I am coming after you!

I think he'll make a push to win it,but I think he'll end up in second or third place in the voting.
    Cleveland Indians : 0-5, 5th AL Central
    Pittsburgh Pirates Record: 3-2. 1st NL Central