Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mota's #2 in command?

Mota's #2 in command?

Eric Wedge said yesterday that Guillermo Mota will get the first shot at replacing Bob Howry as Bob Wickman's primary setup man.-Rotoworld

I have my questions about this. Mota couldn't even pass the Indians standards with his shoulder, to the extent that the deal for Crisp and Marte has to be altered even more. Mota, for whatever reason, hasn't been the same since he was forced in to a closer's role and was dealt from LA to Florida. And now he has the first shot at the set-up job in one of baseball's best bullpens (well, in 2005. They lost some guys). Eeek...
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

MLB ERA
    If Mota doesn't have his usual arm problems he's one of baseball's best set-up men. For now Wedge is banking on his health, and attempting to stroke Mota's fragile ego, at least how I see it.

He could be, but since he was traded to Florida's, he has been nothing better than mediocre. I have hopes for him as an Indian, but they are in trouble if they are relying on him for anything more than mop-up and some middle work. I wouldn't want to give him the ball with a 4-3 lead in the 8th.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

08 AL Cy Young: Cliff Lee Pronk48's Avatar
    Rookie ERA
    Hopefully Mota can stay healthy and go back to being one of the best set-up men in the game again.
    Cleveland Indians : 0-5, 5th AL Central
    Pittsburgh Pirates Record: 3-2. 1st NL Central

AA ERA
    Well, since the Indians still appear to have a solid bullpen maybe he won't feel as much pressure as he did in Florida when he was the primary closer. I think he will stand a better chance of doing well in Cleveland rather than in Boston, so I am glad we managed to swap him for Riske.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

Quote Originally Posted by Dry1313
    If Mota doesn't have his usual arm problems he's one of baseball's best set-up men. For now Wedge is banking on his health.
    Exactly how I see it.

Really, I hope Mota pitches horrible with the Indians.

Signed,
    Tigers Fan

Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by RockSports17
    Exactly how I see it.

Really, I hope Mota pitches horrible with the Indians.

Signed,
    Tigers Fan
    Even if he does,he'll be better than your team's pitchers.

Signed,
    Indians Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Pronk48
    Even if he does,he'll be better than your team's pitchers.

Signed,
    Indians Fan

Sounds like somebody hasn't been reading up on how Tigers are becoming good.

I bet by seasons ends Tigers pitchers will have outpitched all of the Indians pitchers.

Rookie ERA
    Sounds like somebody hasn't been reading up on how Tigers are becoming good.

I bet by seasons ends Tigers pitchers will have outpitched all of the Indians pitchers.
    So the Tigers improved to the level of a AA team?

The Tigers pitchers won't outpitch the Tribe's pitchers.Wanna put a sig bet on it?

What are your terms for "outpitch"?

Rookie ERA
    I like Mota, but Im not sure he will be able to do as well as Howry did last season. Howry had an awesome year setting up Wickman and his loss is going to be obvious from the get go. Regardless of who sets up though, I still think we need a new closer. Everytime Wickman comes in I cringe. He makes most of his saves far more dramatic than they need to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Pronk48
    So the Tigers improved to the level of a AA team?

The Tigers pitchers won't outpitch the Tribe's pitchers.Wanna put a sig bet on it?

What are your terms for "outpitch"?
    I'd definitely put a sig bet on it.

As for outpitch, I mean a better team ERA.

So lets make this simple. At the end of the season, whoever has the lower team ERA, Indians or Tigers, wins.

Rookie ERA
    I'd definitely put a sig bet on it.

As for outpitch, I mean a better team ERA.

So lets make this simple. At the end of the season, whoever has the lower team ERA, Indians or Tigers, wins.
    Sounds good to me,and that is simple.

I hate whe people throw shit like innings pitched,strike outs,walks,balks,and all that other statistical shit into one team "outpitching" another.The most important stats is ERA,which ever one is lower is the best.

Yah, i'm not too deeply into statistics myself. It's a simple and easy bet that I'll win.

Rookie ERA
    Yah, i'm not too deeply into statistics myself. It's a simple and easy bet that I'll win.
    LOL win my ass!

lol Kenny Rogers is unstoppable.

Not to mention that our bullpen is really coming together and our pitching coach has been working non stop on improving our guys. We've won this thing before it even started.

It's surely going to be interesting with Indians-Tigers games this season. I just don't know, will the Tigers win by 5 runs or 10?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast