Thread: Possible return of Thome?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Indians Possible return of Thome?

Travis Hafner could need season-ending surgery to repair his strained right foot.
    Hafner was placed on the disabled list Monday after suffering the foot injury during Sunday's game against the Tigers. If he indeed undergoes the season-ending surgical procedure, it'll be another major blow to the Indians' playoff chances. They're likely to attempt a claim on Twins slugger Jim Thome, but so might other teams.
    Thome has always said he would love to be in an Indians uniform again and it would make for a good story. They have the worst record out of all the contenders so I don't see anyone blocking this leading me to think it's a real possibility. Just think, Thome could hit his 600th HR and help lead the Indians into the playoffs all in the same year. Great for baseball!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Possible return of Thome?

Looks like this is going to happen

According to Nick Camino of WTAM 1100, the Indians are finalizing a trade for Twins DH Jim Thome.
    Thome "will be in an Indians uniform" by Friday night, according to Camino's sources. The Indians placed a waiver claim on the veteran slugger Thursday afternoon and are apparently close to working out a trade agreement with the Twins. Thome should serve as Cleveland's semi-regular designated hitter down the stretch. He's tallied 12 home runs in 206 at-bats this season.
    Now if he can help lead the Indians to the promise land, I doubt we would hear any more bitching about Thome not getting enough attention. That would make the story of the year.

MLB ERA

Thome has accepted the trade to Cleveland for a PTBN. Actually, its good for the Twins to get something in return for the big guy. I have a hunch he'll retire after the season.
    Best of luck, Big Jim.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Rookie ERA

So those Tribe "fans" that got in my "face" on the big social networking site for my Thome Tribute can go SWEAR WORD themselves!