Thread: Justin Germano threw a AAA perfect game tonight

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Justin Germano threw a AAA perfect game tonight

Much to the chagrin of one HollywoodLeo.

Germano - the former Padre and Red among others - went 27 up, 27 down against the Syracuse Chiefs. His curveball was filthy tonight and his command on the outside corner to right-handers was as good as any AAA pitcher I've seen this year. The Chiefs hit a few balls hard in the first or second inning but had almost nothing dangerous against him in the last seven or so. There were a few nice defensive plays but nothing web gem worthy.

I have to admit - even as a Chiefs broadcaster - it was amazing to watch. I'd seen one no-hitter in my life...a journeyman named Bob Keppel with the 2003 Binghamton Mets. Who knew I'd ever see perfection in person? I believe it's the fifth 9-inning perfect game in the International League's history and first since Bronson Arroyo in 2003.

Has anyone else here seen a perfect game in person? Whatever level it is, it's amazing...up in the booth, we weren't tense so much as enjoying the moment since you never know if you'll get a chance to see another one. The home crowd gave Germano a standing ovation after, which was a pretty classy gesture...even though it's your team that's been perfecto-ed, you've got to appreciate one of the most historic performances in league history.

This may not do a ton for Germano's career - he's pitched 9 games with Cleveland this year and been mostly stowed away in Columbus - but he'll sure never forget it. And neither will I.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA

Re: Justin Germano threw a AAA perfect game tonight

Did u call the game?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Justin Germano threw a AAA perfect game tonight

Justin Germano has signed with the Samsung Lions of the Korean Baseball Organization.
    The 28-year-old right-hander posted a 5.68 ERA and 5/5 K/BB ratio over 12 2/3 innings with the Indians this season before being designated for assignment back in mid-May. He'll likely receive a salary bump overseas before trying to eventually make his way back to the states.
    See what happens when you throw a perfect game, nothing but good things