Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Soriano to be apart of the tribe?

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Indians Soriano to be apart of the tribe?

2B Alfonso Soriano is the Rangers' prime trade commodity. The Rangers would like to get the New York Yankees involved, because it will jack up demand. San Diego and Boston could also be interested. But perhaps the best deal would be with Cleveland for OF Brad Snyder and power arm RHP Andrew Brown.
    http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...e.1d35c07.html

Rookie ERA
    That would be fine with me. Ive never heard of either of those guys.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Andrew Brown was one of prospects the Indians got from LA in return for Milton Bradley, with Franklin Gutierrez being the other one.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Rangers are still in it. I couldn't see this happening til the Rangers are no more a contender.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I like how this one played out on this board. An Indians fan not knowing where a player came from, then a Dodgers fan saying he came from their organization. We have a lot of knowledgeable fans here.

I have not hear d that the Rangers are sellers either, so I am not sure that they would really be so interested in this deal. But this article shows how they might. I guess we never know. This could be pretty huge for the Indians as well.

I dont think the Rangers should deal Soriano. They have the best young IF in baseball; why break it up?
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Rookie ERA
    If that deal happened, Id say we are totally ripping them off.

AA ERA
    Agree with those saying don't trade him. They got a great thing going and are contending, why break it up now?
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter
    An Indians fan not knowing where a player came from, then a Dodgers fan saying he came from their organization.
    Andrew Brown originally came from the Braves organization and was included in the Sheffield to Atlanta trade. Brown is basically trade bait like Zach Day.

The Rangers have a tough decision. I doubt they want to dedicate a lot of payroll to Soriano like he will demand and they want something for him, but he's the type of player that can get you a WC position.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Code:
    HOME: .324 / 1.035 AWAY: .224 / .628
    Those home/away splits are scary for Soriano possible suitors. Look at how low his OPS is when he's not playing in Texas.

Wow, I didn't realize that. Nice find on the splits Mission.

I'm not sure, everytime I seem to use that, good hitters adjust. Nomar learned how to hit outside of Fenway, and Alou, who I had been lambasting Sabean for signing, has flourished in Pac Bell.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    WOW, Soriano better hope he stays in Texas with how that looks. But he did well with the Yanks as well. So, I wonder if it is just a thing for him right now. But no doubt he is awesome in Arlington.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    It would be a huge mistake to trade him to an al playoff contending team. I would trade him to the NL. Just my thoughts. My Twins get Brett Boone and the guy is 0-9, 8 men left on base. But the defense is great. He needs to get out of this funk quick.

I tell you all what if we don't start to win some game I see us moving people. Or if we get closer i say under 6 games we will be looking as well. Joe Randa would be a great fit for us in Minny at 3rd.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Rookie ERA
    bad splits or not, i would be elated if that deal happened. the tribe needs a player who can put a spark in the lineup like that (well, they have a few but more cant hurt.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast