Thread: How the Indians are currently on top

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Indians How the Indians are currently on top

A Detailed Look At The Indians' Trades: MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

Fantastic read! On top of all that, they only went out and got a couple of FA's (Cabrera and Kearns)

Banned
    Rookie ERA

Re: How the Indians are currently on top

I think a lot has fallen into place for the tribe, especially within the current pitching that we have on the club.If this crop of starters can stay on the top of their game this club can score enough runs to stay competitive in the A.L. Central throughout the season.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I think the Indians are for real and no fluke thus far. They have gotten out to a big start and I see the Tigers being their only real threat. The White Sox have the pitching to get back in it but I am liking what I have seen from the Indians. Before the season, I had the Indians finishing 4th but no longer. I am loving being wrong.

Banned
    Rookie ERA

I only see the big threat in the Tigers as they got both the hitting and pitching. The White Sox are getting rather old and the Twins are well injured every second. The Royals pitching will be their downfall.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

The Royals have pitching in the minors to call up so they could hang around if they chose to. The White Sox aren't really that old and their oldest player is pretty good in Konerko. Kenny Williams will make a deal or two to get back in it if they improve. That pitching is too good to be doing this bad. Their bullpen has been a disappointment though.

Banned
    Rookie ERA

The White Sox bullpen can not really rely on anyone and I can't believe Danks hasn't won a game yet. Peavy also looked very strong yesterday. The Royals do have great prospects, but I can't see all of them turning into a Hosmer.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Well not all their prospects are position players. I can see Mike Montgomery being called up and making a difference.

Banned
    Rookie ERA

The guy they just brought up Danny Duffy didn't do too bad in the no decision. I still don't think they have enough to top the Indians. If Choo starts to hit and we somehow get Sizemore back we have just as good or if not better of an offense then anyone in the A.L. Central. of course I am a bit bias.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Oh, I don't think the Royals have enough to win the division but I do see them hanging around til late August which is a huge improvement for them. They will keep the pressure on the AL Central.

Banned
    Rookie ERA

They sure have improved quickly with the best minor league system in baseball. I think they will finish in 3rd place.

Rookie ERA

A lot of these teams have been going the route of the Rays & Twins instead of trying to spend money just for the sake of spending money, you CAN compete against the big named big money teams if you spend what little you have wisely. They may not be powerhouses for a decade running but you can get a few great seasons out of it before you have to start over. The Twins did it, Rays did it, now the Indians and Royals have taken the baton. The Tribe remind me so much of the 2008 Rays. Looking forward to seeing them next week, unfortunately the way the Rays are playing at home we may get scalped.

Banned
    Rookie ERA

I am glad the Indians aren't going out and spending a ton of money for top tier players. I think if they are in the running come the deadline they may add a player or two that would help them for this season, but I also think they would look to the future to see if those players would sign for additional seasons. I don't think the Indians front office is stupid enough to salvage there system for one season.

Banned
    Rookie ERA

The Indians own injuries especially the latest to Travis Hafner have brought them back to the back as the Tigers are continually inching closer and closer to the lead of the division.I think the Tigers will ultimately take over the division lead because their pitching is a little better and there hitting is a lot better.