Thread: The Return for Sabathia

MLB ERA

Indians The Return for Sabathia

The Indians got an absolute man beast in this deal with LaPorta. The dude just kills the ball. He played here in Charleston for the Low A Brew Crew affiliate last year and no matter how loud it was in the crowd you could still heard the sound of LaPorta crushing pitches, he will be something really special. The player to be named later seems to be different based on who you asked. I work for the Power and its said there could be anyone of about 4 or 5 guys that could be that PTBNL.

Yes Taylor Greene was one, but he didnt think he'd be a prize for the Indians. He seems to be like a 3rd or 4th option. The name that keeps seemingly rising up is a CF at AA Michael Brantley. He doesnt hit for much power but he is the closest thing to a leadoff hitter there is in the minors for a lot of teams. The plan would be to give him another year or two in the minors then he takes over the leadoff spot and Sizemore could move to the 3 hole in the lineup.

The other name I keep hearing is Catcher Jonathan Lucroy who was a SAL league All Star for the WV Power (.310 4 hr 33 rbi in 65 games), is now at high A Brevard Co (.316 4 hrs 19 rbis in 29 games for Brevard Co). Not sure if he projects as 10-20 HR guy in the majors is a very solid all around catcher, also played 1b/LF I believe. If the Indians are planning on a "catcher of the future" after Martinez moves off of it then LuCroy would be a freaking steal. Something about a pitcher also being on the list but I didnt catch a name.

The other guys The Indians received were Pitchers Zach Jackson and Rob Bryson. I don't know much about Jackson but Bryson was believed to have the stuff to be a closer in the future. Bryson is only 21 and will probably take a while getting through the system. Some of the people who still talk with him say the Indians are considering making him a starter again. Bryson had an era with the Power of 4.25. Bryson had absolute sick stuff the few times I got to actually watch him.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA

Re: The Return for Sabathia

I thought this was a fair package for the Indians for Sabathia, LaPorta will be a beast in 3 years and this deal will be as fair as the Hanley for Beckett/Lowell deal
    LeagueTeamDivision TitlesWild CardWS WinsYears as GM
    MSLSeattle0001

Seattle GM since July 2065
    Royals GM since January 2005

Oakland GM in MSL History
    3 Division Titles (4 Wild Card Berths) 1 World Series

RIP TBSL Los Angeles Angels 2012 WS Champs

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: The Return for Sabathia

Indians will have room to sign Sabathia with some money coming off the books like Blake and Dellucci. Not a lot of money but every bit helps.