Thread: Other players that could be dealt

08 AL Cy Young: Cliff Lee Pronk48's Avatar
    Rookie ERA

Indians Other players that could be dealt

Sabathia has been delt. There are other players on the roster that could see the ol' heave-ho before the trade deadline.

Casey Blake, 3B: He's a veteran player who can play 3B, 1B, LF, RF, and would probally catch if you asked him to. A gritty player who grinds it out. Won't get a mega-player for him but they can get a prospect or two. He's not in the Indians future plans, I think they'll get what they can for him.

Kelly Shoppach, C: Many teams asked about him over the offseason, but the Indians wouldn't give away the talented backup catcher. He could be an every day starting catcher of not stuck behind the currenly DL'd up Victor Martinez. He was the secondary player in the trade for Marte, but ended up being the much more valuable player. I think this time around they trade him.

Paul Byrd, SP: It seems that his time with the Indians has been a time of peeks and valleys for him. His first year he pitched poorly. Last year he pitched very well. He's pitched very poorly so far this season. He's older and we won't get a lot for him. This is the final year of his contract and the Indians should get whatever they can for him.

David Delucci, OF: He's not in the future plans of the Indians and he won't get a lot of playing time with the Indians focusing on evaluating their future players through the rest of the season. He'll likley be traded for a low-grade prospect.
    Cleveland Indians : 0-5, 5th AL Central
    Pittsburgh Pirates Record: 3-2. 1st NL Central

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Other players that could be dealt

Blake I can definitely see going since he is a free agent next year and is hitting the ball well this year. The Indians will do their best to move Marte as well. Betancourt is another possibility.