Thread: Carmona Out Four Weeks

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Indians Carmona Out Four Weeks

An MRI exam revealed a moderate strain of an exterior muscle in Fausto Carmona’s left hip, and the Indians expect him to miss about four weeks.
    "The good news is that there was no damage to the interior, which would have been much more serious," trainer Lonnie Soloff said. "If all goes well, Fausto should be able to start playing catch in about seven days." Jake Westbrook will take Carmona's rotation spot on Wednesday, and Aaron Laffey will hang around as a fifth starter until Carmona comes back.
    What a terrible blow to this already under achieving Indians team. The offense has been awful and now the rotation takes a hit. Ouch!!

Closed
    AAA ERA

Re: Carmona Out Four Weeks

This team has been somewhat of a disappointment this early season. I still really think they have the best chance to win this division.

MLB ERA

This is a bad break for the Indians. They need Carmona to get back to his form of last season and CC to pitch the way he can. Cliff Lee has been pretty good, but that's about it.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Closed
    AAA ERA

The Indians sure have the making of a fantastic rotation with Sabathia, Carmona, and Lee if they can all be on the right page all at the same time. The Indians offense can aslo be huge, but they have not really lived up to their potential so far this season.

08 AL Cy Young: Cliff Lee Pronk48's Avatar
    Rookie ERA

Our offense has blown for most of the season. We've got the best starting pitching in MLB right now, but we can't score any runs.

For example, last night we have the bases loaded with one out...and we score no runs off of the BASES FREAKING LOADED!

Couldn't even get a sacrifice fly.
    Cleveland Indians : 0-5, 5th AL Central
    Pittsburgh Pirates Record: 3-2. 1st NL Central

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

That is terrible Pronk. I feel ya bro!!

08 AL Cy Young: Cliff Lee Pronk48's Avatar
    Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    That is terrible Pronk. I feel ya bro!!
    It's gotten to the point where I am not watching right now. Not so much out of protest of the suckiness...but that I fall asleep watching them. I'll watch some of the game, then I get to the point where I have to turn it off.
    Cleveland Indians : 0-5, 5th AL Central
    Pittsburgh Pirates Record: 3-2. 1st NL Central

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Hopefully, for the Indians, he won't have any setbacks and can come back when they expect him to. It will certainly make things more difficult for them at a time when they need all the help they can get. It's a long season though and as long as they can hang somewhat close, they can turn it on in the 2nd half of the season potentially. Time will tell, but they will need Carmona if they're going to have a chance to make the playoffs again.