Thread: On Deck: Chicago White Sox @ Cleveland Indians

08 AL Cy Young: Cliff Lee Pronk48's Avatar
    Rookie ERA

Indians On Deck: Chicago White Sox @ Cleveland Indians

On Deck: Chicago White Sox @ Cleveland Indians
    March 31, 2008-April 3, 2008
    Progressive Field
    Cleveland, Ohio

I started this last year during the playoffs, but in the playoffs I did it game-by-game. During the season I will do it series-by-series. I can't gaurantee I will be able to keep up and do it each series, but I will do my best. I will go back to the game-by-game format for the playoffs.

This is the season-opening series for both teams and the home-opening series for the Cleveland Indians as they start a new era of Indians baseball at Progressive Field, formerly Jacobs Field.

In the coming days, I should have close to an official lineup for the Indians and White Sox to post. Until then, we can discuss the game and do some smack talkin if there are any ChiSox fans around (but please, keep it friendly).
    Cleveland Indians : 0-5, 5th AL Central
    Pittsburgh Pirates Record: 3-2. 1st NL Central

MLB ERA

Re: On Deck: Chicago White Sox @ Cleveland Indians

What is the weather contingency this year?
    Poor scheduling, IMO. The Northern teams without domes should start in the South so the games can be played with less uncertainty from the weather. Last year, the Indians lost a bunch of games to snow and cold and ended up with a lot of travel headaches later in the season.
    Just a thought.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

I predict a clean sweep for the Injuns.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Rookie ERA

It's supposed to be in the 50's with a chance of rain on Monday. Wednsday and Thursday it's supposed to be in the 50's with sunshine.

Last year was the first time I can ever remember the Indians having a series snowed out and a series moved to another ballpark due to the weather. And personally I think it's messed up that they had to make up one of those home games in Seattle. If Hargrove would have le thte game 1 become an official game on the next pitch, there wouldn't have been the need for three make-up games. Seattle should have had to miss an off day to make that game up in Cleveland, IMHO.

And it's not fair to force northern teams that play in an open-air stadium to open the season on the road. Hell, it'll be cold and chilly in Cleveland until damn near May...so should the Indians open every season on the road for a month?

It's just got to be dealt with. It's cold up here in April and at times into May with the chance of snow...and it's cold here in October and it's snowed in October before. In the 1997 World Series, the coldest World Series game ever played was played in Cleveland. People just have to deal with the fact that it's cold and crappy in Cleveland in the begining of the season and it will be late into the Playoffs.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Wasn't it a couple years ago in Baltimore when Cleveland was there they had a snow delay/postponement?

The game's on channel 3, right? I may stop by and offer my comments, if I'm not too swamped at work.

Rookie ERA

I think it's on 3. It's on 3 or STO.

Rookie ERA

Just a few hours until game time, I can't wait...this will be the first time I have ever gone to a home opener (I went to the two games afterwards against the Twins in 2006, but I didn't go to opening day).

Gonna leave my house about 11:30 AM (live half an hour from downtown) and hit up some place for lunch with my dad. Then we'll probally walk around Tower City for a while then head to Progressive Field and get ready for the game.

GO TRIBE