Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Juan Gone is back

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Juan Gone is back

Juan was activated today and hopefully adds some offense to the Indians who I thought would be doing a hell of alot better than they are.

Rookie ERA
    Yea, hopefully he can spark our offense. It has been less than steller to say the least.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    He came back and left just as early. Juan Gone is indeed gone with that hamstring problem again. I think this is the end for Juan. He had a good career and made some easy, easy money the past few year by being on the DL. Time to call it quits.

AA ERA
    I agree, reefe. Juan runs to first and then hurts himself in his first at-bat. That has to stink. I just think it's time for him.

I'm surprised people still give him money, it's obvious he no longer has any heart. Hope you guys don't lose Ludwick because of Juanita.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor
    I'm surprised people still give him money, it's obvious he no longer has any heart. Hope you guys don't lose Ludwick because of Juanita.
    Unless he passes through waivers (and he won't) Ludwick is gone. But keep in mind that Crisp is nearly ready to come off the DL (perhaps as early as tomorrow). If Gonzales had not reinjured himself a difficult roster decision would have had to have been made. If Gonzales had not been recalled than Ludwick would have been designated for assignment when Crisp became ready so Ludwick was not really lost because of Gonzales.

Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor
    We didnt really give him money. It was a MLC loaded with incentives.

AA ERA
    Very sad to see him finally make it back and then get hurt again.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by awefullspellare
    Very sad to see him finally make it back and then get hurt again.
    He's done this the past 3 seasons, got hurt in Texas 2 years ago, his last big series was, where else, in Puerto Rico. Afterwards he went on the DL and pretty much stayed there the whole year earning $12 million while turning down 2 trades, he offered to accept one to KC if the Rangers would accelerate deferred money, Rangers refused and pretty much allowed him to clean out his locker before the season ended. He wore out his welcome so badly in Texas that Tom Hicks on a radio show said back in July that Juan wasn't going to be back...ouch!

He then goes to KC on a $4.5 million contract and sits on the DL all year with another hammy injury.

And does the same now to the poor Tribe. Sad thing is he'll probably convince a team next year to do the same.....

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by guybrush77
    We didnt really give him money. It was a MLC loaded with incentives.
    He gets paid $600,000 base.

Rookie ERA
    Well still, $600,000 isn't near the other two contracts he had. He would have been a nice addition to our offense, but oh well.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I'd love for the Reds to snag Ludwick for insurance if they deal one of our outfielders. The kid has a powerful bat and with the right coach, could become a pretty decent player.

Anyway, I agree on Juan Gone. I was hoping for the Tribe's sake that he would have one final swan song but that has not been the case.

Rookie ERA
    It sucks though that we are going to lose Ludwick. Maybe we will outright release Gonzalez and pull back Ryan? I guess we will be alright without him though. Crisp, Blake, Sizemore, and Gerut should suffice.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by guybrush77
    It sucks though that we are going to lose Ludwick. Maybe we will outright release Gonzalez and pull back Ryan? I guess we will be alright without him though. Crisp, Blake, Sizemore, and Gerut should suffice.
    The Tribe by designating him for assignment gave up all claims to keeping him. He is no longer on either the 25 or 40 man rosters. Within 10 days they must trade him, release him or put him on waivers. I also believe, but am not 100% certain, that he must be put on waivers before his being released. Once he is released he can re-sign with the Tribe and agree to a minor league contract.

Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer
    The Tribe by designating him for assignment gave up all claims to keeping him. He is no longer on either the 25 or 40 man rosters. Within 10 days they must trade him, release him or put him on waivers. I also believe, but am not 100% certain, that he must be put on waivers before his being released. Once he is released he can re-sign with the Tribe and agree to a minor league contract.
    Ahh ok. Well in that case, I think we should try and trade him and get a decent bat in return. I dont see him resigning with a MLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast