Thread: Casey Blake adjusting from 3B to LF

Casey Blake adjusting from 3B to LF

MLB.com: Blake adjusting to the position move

WINTER HAVEN, Fla. -- Casey Blake hadn't appeared in the outfield since the 2002 season at Triple-A Edmonton, so many had some concerns about how he would adjust to the move from third to left field.

Blake wondered, too.

"I thought I'd be kind of a butcher out there for a while, to tell you the truth -- as far as judging fly balls and making throws and stuff like that," he said Thursday. "I thought I'd have a tough time for a while."

MLB ERA
    I drafted Blake as a backup third baseman on my fantasy team; Glaus is my starter.

Blake usually puts up good numbers. This is the first time I had heard he made a chagne of positions. Will be weird to see him in LF instead of his usually 3B. Hopefully, he makes the transition well and puts up his usual stats. He's a good player.

Rookie ERA
    Yea, when we picked up Boone last summer Blake was going to need to change. He puts up too good of numbers to bench so putting him in the outfiled was our best option. Now with Gerut injured it makes it even easier to put him there. He, Crisp, and Gonzalez should do pretty well this year.