Thread: Cleveland Indians MVP

08 AL Cy Young: Cliff Lee Pronk48's Avatar
    Rookie ERA

Cleveland Indians MVP

*ALL STATS ARE UP-TO-DATE FROM SUNDAY, 9/23/07*

Who do you think was the Indians Most Valuable Player this season?

Victor Martinez, C: .301 AVG/.473 SLG/.373 OBP/24 HR/107 RBI...has played great behind the plate...stepped up as a slugger in Travis Hafner's prolonged slump.

Grady Sizemore, CF: .276 AVG/.488 SLG/.368 OBP/24 HR/78 RBI...he's made play after play in the outfield...he slumped at times but has been able to come up with big hits all year to start and sustain rallies.

C.C. Sabathia, SP: 18-7/3.19 ERA/4 CG/36 BB/205 SO...he was finally the ACE we've been looking for him to be...would be a 20+ game winner if it wasn't for the offensive slump.

Fautso Carmona, SP: 18-8/3.03 ERA/2 CG/61 BB/133 SO...biggest surprise of the season after his failed stint as a closer last year...would also be a 20+ game winner if not thor the offensive slump.

Joe Borowski, CP: 4-5/4.96 ERA/43 SV/49 SVO/16 BB/55 SO...was expeted to be the set-up man until Foulke retired before ST...leads the league in saves.
    Cleveland Indians : 0-5, 5th AL Central
    Pittsburgh Pirates Record: 3-2. 1st NL Central

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Cleveland Indians MVP

Tough one but it's between Sizemore and Sabathia. Sizemore is just excitement. He can do it all and he gets this offense started. Sabathia has become the leader they thought he could be and will be the CY winner.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

I'll go with Trot Nixon as the MVP. These guys have always had talent, we just needed someone to step up as a leader. Of course, he shouldn't be MVP, but he's very valuable to this team.

For MVP it's gotta either be CC or Victor. I'd lean towards Vic because he's making a difference every day. His improvement behind the plate is nothing short of remarkable.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Martinez has made tremendous strides behind the plate. Good point.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Tough one but it's between Sizemore and Sabathia. Sizemore is just excitement. He can do it all and he gets this offense started. Sabathia has become the leader they thought he could be and will be the CY winner.
    Martinez has 29 more RBI's and has also has a higher batting average then Grady. So I would actually have to pick Victor over Grady. Now I'm not taking anything away from the productive season Sizemore has had but I think Martinez is a little more deserving. Not only does Victor have better stats but he also plays the hardest position on the field.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Of course Martinez is going to have more RBI than the leadoff man. Sizemore plays great defense and has 33 stolen bases. Sizemore sets the table for guys like Martinez. Both have had good years.

MLB ERA

Very true but, Grady has 168 hits to Victor's 164 hits, its not like Grady blows him away in this stat but its far from a blow out. Plus he has a .389 on base percentage to Martinez's .373 on base percentage. Obvisouly Grady has better stats in these two spots but I figured he would have blown away Victor in the OBP stat and H stat.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

08 AL Cy Young: Cliff Lee Pronk48's Avatar
    Rookie ERA

My choice:

C.C. Sabathia-Pitching got the Indians through that offensive slump, and without Sabathia and Carmona, the Indians probally wouldn't be in position for the best record in the AL.
    Cleveland Indians : 0-5, 5th AL Central
    Pittsburgh Pirates Record: 3-2. 1st NL Central