Thread: C.C. Cybathia

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

C.C. CY-bathia

It has been a while since anyone has posted in here so I thought I would take the time to write about 2007's Cy Young winner C.C. Sabathia. Sabathia has had a great year and right now he is tied for first in Wins, fourth in SO's and WHIP, third in ERA and first in IP. Innins pitched is huge for me because it shows how durable a pitcher really is. And to have a 3.15 ERA in 220 IP is truly awesome in the AL. Plus he has only walked a total of 33 batters in that amount which is also crazy. C.C. has been carrying this rotation to a potential division crown. He has also outpitched Johan Santana on three occasions this year which says a lot about how he has pitched this year. To me, if Sabathia keeps up his pace he will easily win the AL Cy Young and it shouldn't even be close.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Re: C.C. Cybathia

Nice job reefer!!! I agree!!! props to you!!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: C.C. Cybathia

C.C. Sabathia moved to 18-7 by holding the Tigers to two runs in seven innings as the Indians' completed a three-game sweep on Wednesday.
    The Tigers are now six games back of the Yankees in the loss column. Sabathia is sixth in the league with a 3.19 ERA, but he's the Cy Young co-favorite with Josh Beckett right now. While Beckett has been the slightly better pitcher of the two, the likelihood that Sabathia will end the season with about 40 additional innings pitched should make him the choice for the award. He leads the AL with 234 IP.
    I really don't see Beckett as a favorite at all. He doesn't have the starts or even close to the IP of Sabathia. This win today should put him as the lock for Cy Young. He's 5-0 against Verlander and Santana this year.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

nice job reefer!!! way to state a pro opinion for your choice. BTW, good choice also!!!

MLB ERA

I agree

I was on board the Dan Haren train full steam until he started slipping.

And now Haren doesn't even have the ERA lead.

C.C. Sabathia is my pick now.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Sabathia doesn't even have the ERA lead either!
    Fausto does! Vote Fausto!

painting the roses red. hot_corner_gurl's Avatar
    San Francisco (technically not, but close enough)
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I agree, CC has been astounding this year. He is one of the main reasons why Cleveland is where it is right now. He's dominated almost every lineup in the entire AL (except July where he went 1-4 with a 5+ ERA). I guess you could say that my pick for the Cy Young is CC since he's seriously been one of the most, if not the most consistant pitchers all season, plus he's a local guy (Vallejo/Fairfield), although I'm just so crazed that I'm still convinced that Danny still has a chance.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by hot_corner_gurl View Post
    I agree, CC has been astounding this year. He is one of the main reasons why Cleveland is where it is right now. He's dominated almost every lineup in the entire AL (except July where he went 1-4 with a 5+ ERA). I guess you could say that my pick for the Cy Young is CC since he's seriously been one of the most, if not the most consistant pitchers all season, plus he's a local guy (Vallejo/Fairfield), although I'm just so crazed that I'm still convinced that Danny still has a chance.
    Yea my cousins told me that also when I was in Vallejo few years ago, he also told me that one car dealership in Vallejo either toyota or honda had him on a local commercial lol.

painting the roses red. hot_corner_gurl's Avatar
    San Francisco (technically not, but close enough)
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFan83 View Post
    Yea my cousins told me that also when I was in Vallejo few years ago, he also told me that one car dealership in Vallejo either toyota or honda had him on a local commercial lol.
    Yeah...even though he plays for a non-local team, he's still pretty popular, same with guys like Willis and Rollins, Bonds is too I think. Anyways I think its pretty much locked up now, CC for the CY.

08 AL Cy Young: Cliff Lee Pronk48's Avatar
    Rookie ERA

I would love for C.C. to win the Cy Young...only one Indians pitcher has ever won the award...Gaylord Perry in 1972.
    Cleveland Indians : 0-5, 5th AL Central
    Pittsburgh Pirates Record: 3-2. 1st NL Central