Indians lose home game after snowouts with Seattle - MLB - Yahoo! Sports

BALTIMORE (AP) -- The Cleveland Indians will lose a home game and three days off in making up the four-game series against Seattle that was postponed last month by snow.

The games of April 6-8 will be played at Jacobs Field on May 21, June 11 and Aug. 30. The April 9 game will be held in Seattle on Sept. 26 as part of a doubleheader.

In a traditional doubleheader in Seattle, Cleveland will be the host team in the opener.

"We've done a lot of things this year that we haven't done before," Indians manager Eric Wedge said Friday before Cleveland faced the Baltimore Orioles.

May 21 and June 11 were to be days off for the Indians, who were also scheduled to have a day off on Aug. 27. To make room for the Aug. 30 game, however, Cleveland moved up its three-game series against the Minnesota Twins by one day, from Aug. 28 to the 27th.

"We are going to lose some off days but we expected that. Now we'll just plan for it," Wedge said. "There's no reason for anybody to grumble about anything. They know we're going to have to make those games up and they're all aware that most of them are going to be on off days. It's just something you roll with."

Seattle manager Mike Hargrove wasn't pleased with the rescheduling, the result of a winter storm that blanketed the Midwest during the first week of April.

"I think it puts a burden on us that we shouldn't have to have," he said. "I'm not sure they could have done anything that would have been fair to all the parties. but we're paying a pretty good penalty for something we didn't have anything to do with."

Cleveland was supposed to open its home schedule against Seattle on Friday, April 6. After that game was called, the teams hoped to play a day-night doubleheader Saturday, but that was put off by the spring storm.

They then scheduled a doubleheader for Sunday, which also was postponed. Snow left the field unplayable Monday, too, and at that point Cleveland moved its three-game home series against the Los Angeles Angels to Miller Park in Milwaukee.

AP Baseball Writer Ronald Blum in New York contributed to this report.
This is messed up,the Indians already has played three "home" games in Milwaukee,now they have to play a "home" game in Seattle?

Does MLB realize that if Hargrove would have just let the Indians get that final out in the opener,they wouldn't need this "home" game in Seattle?

This is a bunch of BS and takes away from the Cleveland fans who payed money for those tickets.Now we can only watch that "home" game from our houses.

I think the Mariners should have to fly here between series on an east-coast trip to make up all the games in Cleveland.It's not our fault Hargrove is too much of a sore loser to let the home opener become official.

I gaurantee,if this was the Yankees or Red Sox,MLB would have all four games being played in New York or Boston...no matter the inconvienence to Seattle.