Thread: Buck Showalter joins Indian staff

MLB ERA

Indians Buck Showalter joins Indian staff

Indians named Buck Showalter senior advisor to baseball operations.
    Showalter is scheduled to be in uniform in spring training and will assist in player evaluation and instruction. Although he's not being brought in as the heir to Eric Wedge's job, it wouldn't be a big surprise to see him take over as manager at some point.
    Source: Indians.mlb.com
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Well good for the Indians. I believe that is where he should be. His track record indicates that he knows talent, just can't win with it!! Just look at Yankees and D-Backs. So, look out for the Rangers this year!

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by brewersfan19
    Well good for the Indians. I believe that is where he should be. His track record indicates that he knows talent, just can't win with it!! Just look at Yankees and D-Backs. So, look out for the Rangers this year!
    Only difference there is the D-Backs and Yankees had the talent to win after he left. The Rangers still don't, and lost some major pieces this off-season already.

I agree that it's a good move for the Indians though. I would like to see him take over as manager sometime. He is a good manager, until the players stop responding to him. I think I read that was the problem in Texas.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

actually, I knew that tha tYanks and D-Backs had more talent, it was me just being silly. Hope they stick with keeping Young. I saw that Boston wanted and offered a trade package the other day. That would be stupid! Buck is a good manager, I agree.

MLB ERA
    actually, I knew that tha tYanks and D-Backs had more talent, it was me just being silly. Hope they stick with keeping Young. I saw that Boston wanted and offered a trade package the other day. That would be stupid! Buck is a good manager, I agree.
    I agree, trading Young for anything would be stupid. Despite how good Teixeira is, I believe Young is the heart and soul of the Ranger team. Part of it might have to do with the fact that I am a huge Young fanboy. I'm getting a Mike Young jersey for Christmas.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

PSLJedi31-448th00000

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Jealous on the Jersey part! I agree he is definitely become the leader of that ball club!!! I look for Teixieira to have a bounce back season! He pressed too much last year in my opinion.

MLB ERA
    Jealous on the Jersey part! I agree he is definitely become the leader of that ball club!!! I look for Teixieira to have a bounce back season! He pressed too much last year in my opinion.
    There really is no bounce back needed by Teixeira. After a horrible 1st half in the power and run production department he hit .291 with 24 homers and 61 RBI during the 2nd half the season. I would say he has already gotten back on track and will probably have another 40 homer season next year.

I think the problem is people compare his overall '06 stats to his incredible '05 season. It was just the 1st half where he struggled. He was on fire almost the whole 2nd half.

PSLJedi31-448th00000

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

that is true. I forgot about his 2nd half last year!