Thread: Hafner Out For Season

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Hafner Out For Season

Travis Hafner will miss the rest of the season with a hairline fracture in the fourth metacarpal of his right hand.
    This after the Indians said Friday that X-rays were again negative on the hand. Not that losing arguably the league's best hitter can ever be considered a good thing, but the positive here is that the Indians will have more at-bats with which to evaluate Kevin Kouzmanoff and some other youngsters. Hafner ends the year with a .308/.439/.659 line, 42 homers and 117 RBI in 129 games.
    Another great season from a great hitter. I love to watch this guy hit as he is just a beast at the plate.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I was rooting for him to break Mattingly's grand slam single-season record.

MLB ERA
    I'd like to see what he could have done coming down the stretch this season. He is an amazing hitter. He strikes out less often than other sluggers do and walks more. He's like a younger Jim Thome in that way.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by catman
    I'd like to see what he could have done coming down the stretch this season. He is an amazing hitter. He strikes out less often than other sluggers do and walks more. He's like a younger Jim Thome in that way.
    Only problem with that is, Thome strikes out a lot and always has. He is just such a good player that everything else he does compensates for it so it doesn't hurt his stats that much.

The Rangers trading Hafner to the Tribe for Einar Diaz and Ryan Drese sure isn't looking too good right now. lol
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Molina00
    The Rangers trading Hafner to the Tribe for Einar Diaz and Ryan Drese sure isn't looking too good right now. lol
    Depends on which side of the trade you are looking at it from.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Hafner could have had a MVP type season if he had a better team and stayed healthy.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by catman
    Depends on which side of the trade you are looking at it from.
    Are you just saying that the Rangers needed these guys so it was good for them as well? we can't deny that the tribe got the better end of the deal as far as talent is concerned. But the Rangers may have helped their team more with this deal as well.

I still have to give the edge to the Indians because of Hafner's talent level and him not even reaching his ceiling yet IMO. Iagree, Hafner is a definite MLB caliber player if he can play healthy and get through an entire season with the same production he had this year.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

I agree Hafner is fun to watch hit!!! I was rooting for Hafner last year ('05) to win the MVP too!