Thread: Wickman to be traded?

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Indians Wickman to be traded?

http://www.suntimes.com/output/deluc...-deluca16.html

Bob Wickman, Cleveland Indians: As with Gordon, there always will be a market for closers at this time of year. Wickman -- who has struggled at times this season -- has no-trade protection, but insiders say he likely would waive that right if he went to a team that planned to use him as a closer. The Indians are expected to make Fausto Carmona their closer in 2007.
    I've seen other sources saying that he is available, too. What do you guys think? Should the Indians trade him? He's on one of my fantasy teams and has been inconsistent at times...

MLB ERA
    I would say definately try to trade him. The guy hasn't done horrible but has been really mediocre this year. Plus they are 20 some games out of first so obviously they are not contending this year. They should try to get whatever value they can out of him via trade.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Wickman gets the job done but hardly sports a good ERA, especially for a closer.