SEATTLE (AP) -- Jason Michaels and Jake Westbrook were waiting for Cleveland's bats to break out.

Aaron Boone hit a tiebreaking double and Westbrook won for the first time since April 9, leading the Indians over the Seattle Mariners 9-4 Friday night.

"Our lineup one through nine is tough," Westbrook said. "I definitely wouldn't want to face us. We've got a good lineup. The offense kind of picked me up."

Michaels and Eduardo Perez homered for the Indians, who lead the majors with 198 runs, an average of 6.6 per game. Cleveland scored nine or more runs for the ninth time in 30 games in 2006.

"I think as a team we're having good at bats," Michaels said.

With the score tied at 3, Rafael Soriano (0-1) replaced Jamie Moyer starting the seventh and promptly gave up Todd Hollandsworth's triple and Boone's double.

Cleveland bounced back after losing 12-4 at Oakland on Thursday.

"We needed a good outing out of Jake and he gave it to us," Indians manager Eric Wedge said.

Cleveland added five runs in the eighth, taking advantage of four walks and a hit batter. Ronnie Belliard had an RBI single off Sean Green, who hit Boone with a pitch with the bases loaded and then forced in a run by walking Grady Sizemore. Michaels, who had three RBIs, hit a two-run double against Jake Woods.

Acquired in a January trade with Philadelphia for reliever Arthur Rhodes, Michaels has started 26 games in left field for the Indians. He's hitting .277 and is 8-for-18 in his last four games with a homer and five RBIs.

"He's really turned it up the last week," Wedge said.

Westbrook (3-2) allowed three runs -- two earned -- and six hits in six innings.

Seattle Mariners relief pitcher Sean Green looks away from the plate after walking in a run against the Cleveland Indians in the eighth inning of a baseball game Friday, May 5, 2006, in Seattle. The Mariners gave up five runs in the inning. The Indians won 9-4.
AP - May 6, 1:30 am EDT
More Photos
"We had a three-run lead and I kind of gave it back to them," Westbrook said. "But I felt strong tonight. My sinker was good. It was a good night."

Seattle has lost a season-high four straight for the third time. Moyer gave up three runs and six hits in six innings.

Moyer felt he pitched well enough to win. Instead, he wound up with his fourth no decision in seven starts this season. He's 1-2 with a 3.68 ERA and he's 0-1 at Safeco Field after going 10-0 there last year.

"It's a long year, and to allow frustration to take over at this point is even going to make it a longer year," the 43-year-old left-hander said. "I try to avoid that."

Mariners manager Mike Hargrove watched his team fall seven games under .500 at 12-19. He also watched his bullpen surrender six runs in three innings.

"I can't remember the last time they did this," he said. "It was just one of those nights. It just came at a very poor time."

Michaels led off the fourth with his first AL homer, and Perez hit a two-run homer for a 3-0 lead.

Carl Everett hit a two-run double in the bottom half, and Seattle tied the scored in the fifth when Westbrook threw away a pickoff attempt for an error that advanced Yuniesky Betancourt two bases and Ichiro Suzuki hit an RBI grounder -- with Betancourt sliding home just ahead of Perez's throw.

Suzuki broke an 0-for-16 slump with a triple in the ninth and scored the final run.
Nothing can stop the damn Indians offense and this could be payback for the 2 of 3 the M's took from them the last time they hooked up.