Thread: This was one of my goals for the season...

08 AL Cy Young: Cliff Lee Pronk48's Avatar
    Rookie ERA

Indians This was one of my goals for the season...

to beat the White Sox in a one-run game.

Last year the owned us totally,but especially in the one-runners where they never lsot to us.To do it against a "better" White Sox team in the first series of the season in Chicago says a lot about this team IMHO.It'll give them a ton of confidence and I think it shows the White Sox that they won't be able to just push us around like last year.
    Cleveland Indians : 0-5, 5th AL Central
    Pittsburgh Pirates Record: 3-2. 1st NL Central

Our division has really gotten stronger. I think that three teams could win the division this season, and I'm just not going to go ahead and give it to the White Sox. Your Indians are a team to watch, they could surprise many.

Rookie ERA
    ya, it was nice to see we can beat the white sox like that, i think many of the up coming games with the indians and white sox will be decided with 1-2 runs

Just seeing the Royals beat the White Sox like they did shows how strong our division is. Seeing the Tigers win streak go to 5 games after tonight is just amazing. I knew they would be good this season.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Looks like Boone isn't getting off to a slow start this year which is good. Marte can wait til at least July.

Rookie ERA
    This team is really on fire and so are the Tigers while Chicago just doesn't look very good.

I don't think KC will hold up,they'll go back to thier losing ways by June.

Boone looks good in his second year back from his knee injury and Blake looks good.Poor Casey,he had a horrible year on-and-off the field last year.He was moved from third to first to make room for Boone,then moved to RF when they decided not to platoon first between him and Broussard.Plus he was going through a divorce.He seems to be over all that and he can now focus on playing baseball and not learining a new position and going through a divorce.

Quote Originally Posted by Pronk48
    This team is really on fire and so are the Tigers while Chicago just doesn't look very good.

I don't think KC will hold up,they'll go back to thier losing ways by June.

Boone looks good in his second year back from his knee injury and Blake looks good.Poor Casey,he had a horrible year on-and-off the field last year.He was moved from third to first to make room for Boone,then moved to RF when they decided not to platoon first between him and Broussard.Plus he was going through a divorce.He seems to be over all that and he can now focus on playing baseball and not learining a new position and going through a divorce.
    Have you checked out the team ERAs lately?

Detroit Tigers team ERA: 2.89
    Cleveland Indians team ERA: 3.76
    Don't believe it, go check it out on the Yahoo! Sports website. Go to the team home page, click stats, and then pitching. Make sure it's on "overall" tab for stats.

Yah it's the beginning of the season, but yah know, we can easily keep it this way for the rest of the season.

Hmm, what shall your sig be. I know your a Steelers fan. "Steelers Blow. We cheated."

Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by RockSports17
    Have you checked out the team ERAs lately?

Don't believe it, go check it out on the Yahoo! Sports website. Go to the team home page, click stats, and then pitching. Make sure it's on "overall" tab for stats.

Yah it's the beginning of the season, but yah know, we can easily keep it this way for the rest of the season.

Hmm, what shall your sig be. I know your a Steelers fan. "Steelers Blow. We cheated."
    Haven't checked yet,but that first game realy skewed the stats.

And btw,not one week does a season make.Lets check back in June and see where the stats are.

Well I know it's the beginning of the season, but come on, yah gotta be a little scared. With the way some of the Tigers pitchers are pitching, it's a great start.

Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by RockSports17
    Well I know it's the beginning of the season, but come on, yah gotta be a little scared. With the way some of the Tigers pitchers are pitching, it's a great start.
    Yeah I must admit,the Tigers are playing great and the Tribe is playing very well too.