Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ...And here's your pathetic opening day lineup.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Hey, maybe Womack will lead off the bottom of the 1st with a solo shot off Zambrano, who knows.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wally Mo Pena
    should be:

freel cf
    lopez ss
    grif lf
    dunn 1b
    EdE 3b
    hatteberg 1b
    kearns rf
    valentin c
    no second baseman and two first basemen?

MLB ERA
    If anyone would do it, it's Narron.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I guess that's a different version of the Carlos Delgado-Barry Bonds-Jason Giambi infield shift.

MLB ERA
    "And it's a slow roller to first base... Hatteberg runs for it... DUNN IS RUNNING FOR IT, TOO! OH MY GOD! HE RAN RIGHT INTO HATTEBERG! BOTH OF THEM ARE OUT COLD, AND DUNN IS PASSED OUT ON TOP OF THE BALL! THEY CAN'T GET IT OUT FROM UNDER HIM! OH MY GOD! INSIDE THE INFIELD HOMERUN1"

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Ha. Inside the infield homerun. That'd be awesome.

I'd like to see a bunt homerun some day.

MLB ERA
    I still have memories of that great Rafael Furcal bunt double a few seasons ago, where he bunts it down the third base line but they had a shift on or something and it just flies into the outfield and then goes foul and into a corner, and he burns it to second.

AAA ERA
    One of the worst opening day lineups i have seen in years.. yes it could be worse, but not by very much.

You know I knew it would happen, they moved Pena to get Womack and Hatteberg in the lineup more, and sure enought proven.

I would have been satisfied if it looked like this

Freel 2B
    Lopez SS
    Jr CF
    Dunn 1B
    EdE 3B
    Kearns RF
    Denorfia LF
    Valentin C
    Harang P

but noooooo of course Narron would be an idiot.. Why oh Why can't we have a decent manager, i guess because we would have to have a decent GM and Owner first.

Lets go Reds there is a Last place finish awaiting you at the end of the next 162 games.

This is the least anticipated season opener for me in the history of me being a Reds fan, I am dead set on not spending one red cent on watching this club this year, I will listen to a game or two on the Radio, may catch a game or two on FSN, but I will not pay this organization any more of my money until we get a GM who can actually field a team worth watching, with that said, I may get to see the Reds play in Chicago next week, but its still up in the air.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    To be honest, I am really not at all surprised at this lineup. I was expecting Aurilia to start at 2B, but I knew Hatteberg would start at 1B barring a trade or a claim of a new 1B. They committed to that the day they traded Pena.

I think the worst part of this lineup is starting Womack. Good spring or not, this could be a killing point. I have to admit that Freel did not earn it like we wanted him to though. And Aurilia was not all that great during the spring either. They made Womack look like an awesome hitter. I guess the best player in the spring honestly won the job which is a lot more than we could say for Miley last year between Aurilia and Felo.

MLB ERA
    killing point

I should use that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12