Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: You'll never guess what the Reds just signed

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    We don't have enough of a budget to keep his arm held together with the finest scotch tape.

MLB ERA
    What I don't understand is why fans (including fans of other teams) are acting like these deals are important in terms of their face value.

I think there has been more dislike for Krivsky than O'Brien got during his entire tenure.

I dislike the notion of Hatteberg starting as much as anyone, but I think many are going way overboard over these other insignificant moves, which could actually work out to help us if pitching comes our way as a result.

I'm not going to bash Krivsky about these small deals and I'm not going to bash him over Hatteberg starting until I actually see Hatteberg's name in the lineup on Opening Day.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

i'm not saying that no deals will get done, but i can't see any of the starting OFs going at this point. I could see freel maybe, and certainly a catcher.

i'm not too worried about sending long to the minors, he's not terrible, and a lot of the OF's we have in camp are out of options. I don't think we'll be seeing him with the reds.
    Reds MVP Race

6: Arroyo, Harang
    5: Kearns
    4: Phillips
    3: Dunn, Felo, Freel, Milton
    2: Claussen, EdE, Griffey, Valentin
    1: Aurilia, Hatteberg, Lizard, Larue, Shackelford

AAA ERA
    OMG...another outfielder? WTF. So they signed him to a minor league contract huh. Any chance hell break the team come season start?

Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    I dislike the notion of Hatteberg starting as much as anyone, but I think many are going way overboard over these other insignificant moves, which could actually work out to help us if pitching comes our way as a result.

I'm not going to bash Krivsky about these small deals and I'm not going to bash him over Hatteberg starting until I actually see Hatteberg's name in the lineup on Opening Day.
    i agree with CRF for the most part on this one. I think the two biggest things Kriv has done (Dunn contract, Arroyo trade) have both been good for the club now and for the next 3 years. Most of the questionable things have been throw away moves (though the ross deal is still a head scratcher).

The biggest mistake he's made so far in my opinion was not grabbing choi, but maybe he's got something else cooking for 1b.
    Reds MVP Race

6: Arroyo, Harang
    5: Kearns
    4: Phillips
    3: Dunn, Felo, Freel, Milton
    2: Claussen, EdE, Griffey, Valentin
    1: Aurilia, Hatteberg, Lizard, Larue, Shackelford

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Wally Mo Pena
    i agree with CRF for the most part on this one. I think the two biggest things Kriv has done (Dunn contract, Arroyo trade) have both been good for the club now and for the next 3 years. Most of the questionable things have been throw away moves (though the ross deal is still a head scratcher).

The biggest mistake he's made so far in my opinion was not grabbing choi, but maybe he's got something else cooking for 1b.
    I agree with 100% of this statement. I am just a little baffled over how many outfielders we have even in the minor leagues. I can't complain too much if something is supposed to come out of it, but I was surprised to see yet another outfielder signed is all.

I don't hate Krivsky by any means, but I was simply upset when I saw this signing this morning. I regret putting his name in the same sentence as O'Brien. I fully expect Krivsky to be far better than he thought he could be. But this Ross signing and overhall of outfielders have me at a loss right now. I hope something comes out of this and I really hope he figures out how to get Pena for 1B.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12