Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hatteberg is the answer

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Hatteberg is the answer

Quote Originally Posted by Rotoworld
    Red Sox claimed first baseman Hee-Seop Choi off waivers from the Dodgers.
    It was bound to happen one of these years. Rather than carry Choi initially, the Red Sox will probably option him to Triple-A and wait and see what kind of starts Kevin Youkilis and J.T. Snow get off to. It'll be the same deal as with Roberto Petagine last year, though we hope Terry Francona is a little more open-minded about letting Choi into the lineup. By June or July, maybe the 27-year-old will get a chance to take aim at the Pesky Pole. Since he's making just $750,000, it's a great roll of the dice for the Red Sox. Mar. 24 - 5:02 pm et

We have no depth at 1B. Oh but I guess Kriv and Narron are happy with the dynamic duo of Hatteberg and Abad (as the failproof backup plan in AAA if Hatteberg is injured or just flat out stinks.) Ugh.

MLB ERA
    Krivsky hates Koreans.

Notice how there's not a single one on the roster.

I rest my case.

Heh, I was actually wondering about this. For Choi to go on waivers to the Sox, he has to pass both the entire NL and a lot of the AL. I can see why many teams pass on him: but for lefty power, good defense (from what I've heard from the stats), and (from what I've heard again) a 2003 David Ortiz PECOTA projection, why not pay the 750k and take a shot on him?
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

Two words:

Adam LaRoche.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Wayne Krivsky can lick my taint. Again.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishercat
    Heh, I was actually wondering about this. For Choi to go on waivers to the Sox, he has to pass both the entire NL and a lot of the AL. I can see why many teams pass on him: but for lefty power, good defense (from what I've heard from the stats), and (from what I've heard again) a 2003 David Ortiz PECOTA projection, why not pay the 750k and take a shot on him?
    Choi: .789 OPS
    Hatteberg: .677 OPS

Adding Choi, with the potential to not only improve given his talent but to look even better due to GAB's homer friendly stadium at no risk shows how moronic this team is despite a change of GM's.

Guys, let's all get prepared for another long ride. Hatteberg is not apart of this team's future, Choi could be. It seems like Kriv didn't get the memo as we keep making moves for the present, all of which suck in general. But the sad thing is, Choi is a much better player just right now, let alone if he improved due to the park effect or just talent progression. Ugh.

I am going to cringe everytime I see Hatteberg's name in the lineup.

How many major-league caliber, above-average hitting, 27 year old first basemen who have maintained decent lines in spite of never playing consistantly are out there? I'm surprised.

I always have liked Scott, but I can't imagine he's better than Choi, and even if he was, Choi's entering his prime.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    His bat's not better, his glove's not better and his potential isn't better. Oh well, there is a reason why we're a team who has guranteed Tony Woemack a roster spot before Spring Training even began.

MLB ERA
    O'Krivsky.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Dan O had no mind when it came to who he should target but the sad thing is, he did make an effort more so than Krivsky apears to be leaning in bringing in youth. I am not trying to give him any credit as he brough in a ton of shitty players but it seems like all we have done is cut youth, and keep getting older. But that's what all good rebuilding teams do on a low payroll.

The Reds baffle me. Has there been a worse trio of hirings than Bowden to O'Brien to Krivsky so far?

I'm waiting for the Reds to finally take a risk and take a saber guy on. Maybe by the next century.

Comeon, Choi isn't anybody to get excited about. Yeah he's probably better than Hatteburg, but not that much better.

So really, how many more mediocre players do we need?

Choi's also about 10 years younger and still has potential.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Choi is 27, practically guaranteed to put up an OPS easily over .800 if he was playing 1B full-time for us. His defense is better than Hatteberg's, his offense is way better than Hatteberg's, he's cheap, and it's another missed opportunity by O'Krivsky.

And he has also already failed potential wise with 3 teams.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast