Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Reds finally on the idiot box

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    And he Ks Bartlett to end the game!

Nice game overall by the Reds. We do get the victory despite Narron's lineup. Abad was definitely all the offense we needed as he was just insane at the plate tonight getting 3 hits. 1 HR, a double and a basehit.

Milton had a great start and has shown that he can still pitch. I hope he builds on this outing. The bullpen was solid outside of Shack who made the game very close. Not a good sign for him as he is looking for a spot in the pen.

MVP: Abad/Milton

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I've been studying all night. Other than the results, how did Milton's stuff look? The Twins offense is nothing to rave about obviously, so was this more a matter of him actually looking legit or just bad hitters on the opposition, or both?

Thanks

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I'd say a little of both to be honest. But his stuff did look better than last season for sure. I think the combination of it being a new year, the things Browning (mound position) and Soto (changeup) have worked with him on and his overall confidence has become relevant in making him a solid pitcher again.

stuff? His breaking pitch was solid and not all the way there yet. He had a great fastball and located it in a lot which tells me that he has been working a lot already. To be able to locate your pitches on the inside of the plate on a consistant basis means you have your control down. He had that tonight. I thought he looked real solid, but I just want to see it continue before I call it legit.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Same here, but it sounds promising none the less. I am sure we would all be pretty thrilled (and in general shock) if he could eek out a 4.75 ERA, that's my "lofty" dream for him this season. Ha.

Did they have guns setup? If so, what was his fastball hitting? Because I know last year, he dropped at times 3-5 mph than from his career reported norm.

MLB ERA
    Radar guns he means.

Milton's fastball early on was usually somewhere between 92-94 or so. In his last couple of innings, it was at 90-91 more often, although it still "looked" pretty fast.

I agree with redsr's assessment though. The Twins' lineup probably had to do with some of the good pitching, but I do think he looked much better than he did almost all of last year. You can see he is moved more toward 1B and he just seems more confident in his stuff. His delivery is more smooth and fluid also.

I liked how he worked inside and kept the ball down tonight. I think he only had a couple balls that were hit in the air. He had a lot of Ks and groundouts, which is a good sign with him.

I would definitely take a 4.75 ERA from him. I hope he keeps pitching well.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    haha sorry I thought you were refering to a person who came in the set up role and had a nickname for guns.

I was thinking...Belisle? How would he be called guns?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    If he can keep it at 93 or so (versus the 89,90 he was hitting at some points last year), he'll be a lot more effective. Anyway, good reports on him guys, appreciate it (+rep.)

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    congrats on beating my Twins. My top 2 stud sp pitched well Baker and Liriano. Bakers pitch was not a bad pitch Abad hit out. Nathan soild again.

Anyways good game Milton sucks, he was a Twin and was terrible. If his era is under 5 be happy.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213