Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Reds vs. Cubs Game 1

Gammons does has a love obsession with the Cubs and Cards, I think he is giving them the division and WC before the season (just based on what he has said.)
    Gammons isn't the only one. I can think of someone on this board who is flat out obsessed with the Cards and Cubs.

CRF-I'll give ya proof when you give you proof when you show me proof of all the accusations against Gammons.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I have been one to say that ESPN hates this team too. But it could be said about a lot of teams. The one "so-called" analyst that had a definite bias was Dibble. But I do not see him on ESPN anymore. Thank God for that. But Gammons is a respected analyst and he earns his due credit. He admits that his speculations are just that, speculation. And again, that is what I think this all is.

Now, as far as Gammons being bad at his job, I disagree. But I also will not say he is a fan of the Reds. Or any other team for that matter. He may have a devotion to certain teams, but he does a decent job of hiding it in most cases. Those few other cases should be aloud though. He is human after all, and I will not complain if we do not share the same love for a team. I would have to say Hal likes the Reds, and therefore will try and say good things about them. And when he does not, he is on point on why. But it could be that he mostly covers the Reds as Gammons is an MLB analyst.

Only time I get upset with ESPN is when Dibble would talk crap, or when the Reds have come off some fire and are not mentioned. I really only look for a Reds hihlite after a great game like last night. So I get pissed that they don't get the tv time like the Yanks, but the Yanks are full of superstars and have the stories. So it could be well deserved for them as well.

BOTTOM LINE: Gammons and Hal are both awesome and both know what they are doing. It may be wrong, but they are both respected. Take Gammons' comments last night as what they were though, just a thought.

MLB ERA
    Do you know what?

I'm not even in the mood to argue about Gammons anymore.

I'm willing to call a truce with Claussen if he is, because arguing about one guy on ESPN is just ridiculous.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    "BOTTOM LINE: Gammons and Hal are both awesome and both know what they are doing. It may be wrong, but they are both respected. Take Gammons' comments last night as what they were though, just a thought".

I am making this my final comment on this subject:

While I agree with the above, it is against journalistic integrity to do what Gammons does. Ask anyone from any respected college or newspaper and most will agree. (Except those that thing what Dan Rather did was OK)

I don't respect someone who doesn't respect the rules of their job.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Very good idea CRF. I would hate the ignore to be used over something like this. It is too fast IMO. No problem with you guys disagreeing at all. It is going to happen with all of us.

BOTTOM LINE: Gammons and Hal are both awesome and both know what they are doing. It may be wrong, but they are both respected. Take Gammons' comments last night as what they were though, just a thought.
    I agree with this. Both are truly great at what they do. Both are Hall Of Famers' Hal has his own style, Gammons has his own.

I'm willing to call a truce with Claussen if he is, because arguing about one guy on ESPN is just ridiculous.
    I was just about to post this. I don't want this board to turn in to nothign but fighting again. Just forget this shit even happened.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamDunn#44
    How come you say the Reds season could potentially be over if they don't win a game(like you did in last nights game thread), but when Gammons even speculates about such a thing you jump all over him?

Your huge bias is showing.
    I have to comment on this. Not to argue, just to respond to it.

The big difference between what I say(as a fan) and what Gammons says(on TV... as a journalist) is just that... he is saying these things as part of his job. They are "on the record".

Richmond, VA......finally a man with a home
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    I have to comment on this. Not to argue, just to respond to it.

The big difference between what I say(as a fan) and what Gammons says(on TV... as a journalist) is just that... he is saying these things as part of his job. They are "on the record".
    Not trying to pile on or anything, but just pointing something out.

How can he actually be "on the record" if he says that 99% of the rumors are just that....."rumors". I feel Gammons was pointing out different teams that would be interested in Casey (i.e. Red Sox) shoud the time comes that he gets traded. I am also certain that Gammons is friends with several classy individuals, so maybe in your eyes that should nullify the whole friends with Bowden theory. I don't think it is fair to say guilty by association. Anyway, let's play ball and all jump on the same side of the fence again......GO REDS!!!

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by bipster
    Not trying to pile on or anything, but just pointing something out.

How can he actually be "on the record" if he says that 99% of the rumors are just that....."rumors". I feel Gammons was pointing out different teams that would be interested in Casey (i.e. Red Sox) shoud the time comes that he gets traded. I am also certain that Gammons is friends with several classy individuals, so maybe in your eyes that should nullify the whole friends with Bowden theory. I don't think it is fair to say guilty by association. Anyway, let's play ball and all jump on the same side of the fence again......GO REDS!!!

Because it is AGAINST the rules of journalism to do what he does! Everyone who knows what GOOD writing/journalism is knows that. Please don't argue with me about something that I know I'm right about.

And I don't care if he's friends with someone who is classy or not. If he's friends with Bowden... he has no morals in my mind.

Are you glad you continued the ganging up on me?

I am amazed at some here.

I have seen some posters(not pointing out any particular names) who have stated things about issues that have absolute facts/statistics that say they are wrong... but no one EVER responds to them.

I guess I'm going to have to start pointing out EVERY instance where that happens.

If you want to keep beating this horse...go right ahead.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Ok we just got over this and I think CRF has to know what he is talking about over rules in journalism. So he has a point and so does everyone else. Now we just need to get past this.

MLB ERA
    Can we close this thread? It is not going anywhere but in a negative direction.(Against me... as always)

Richmond, VA......finally a man with a home
    MLB ERA
    Yea, my bad I didn't mean to stir it up again. I really wasn't trying to gang up CRF, but I should have realized that is how you would feel......everyone has their opinions, I definitely respect your opinion but don't always agree (but no one always agrees). I am glad you are part of the Reds Family, and we move along.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Closed

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112