Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Willy Mo traded for Bronson Arroyo (Confirmed)

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wally Mo Pena
    he's got nasty nasty stuff in the movement department and Varitek has consistantly said that he could win 20 games if he could locate his fastball a little better, so that's some kind of untapped potential. I think control is the one thing that should get better as a pitcher ages.
    Thanks. That does sound a little promising considering the flat stuff that so many of our pitchers throw on a consistent basis (and many with movement can only spot it over the heart of the plate.)

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21
    Heh, nope.

And you hit on one of the reasons why I already liked Arroyo in a non-baseball sense.
    Yeah, he's pretty awesome. I don't think much of him as a pitcher, mainly because I don't know much about his ability, but man, that album is cool stuff.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    Um Harangs GB/FB is slightly worst (career like .95 compared to Arroyo's .98) put Freel in LF with his speed and stability of playing there everyday he should improve and have better overall range than Dunn.
    I wouldn't mind Freel in the outfield either. I just don't want Dunn back to LF, with the not as good as in his prime Griffey and then Hatteberg or Aurilia at 1B with Woe-mack at 2B. That could be a disaster.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    I wouldn't mind Freel in the outfield either. I just don't want Dunn back to LF, with the not as good as in his prime Griffey and then Hatteberg or Aurilia at 1B with Woe-mack at 2B. That could be a disaster.
    Maybe this means Ranier Olmedo a chance at 2b to open the season .
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    And now presenting, you Cincinnati Reds Leftfielder.... QUINTON MCCCRRRAACCKKEN. *Cue the Chicago Bulls mid-90's starting lineup introduction music*

you are right on CRF about part of this trade's plusses and minuses involving the lineup and how narron puts it together.

a starting spot just opened up for someone, which means there are 2 including second base. Will it be freel, aurilia, denorfia, hatteberg, or womack?

i guess i'd like to see freel at second and denorfia in left, though i could handle aurilia and freel.

freel
    lopez
    dunn
    griffey
    kearns
    EdE
    Larue
    denorfia

the truth of it is we'll probably see a lot of different combinations until something clicks, but the heart of the order is going to put up runs either way.
    Reds MVP Race

6: Arroyo, Harang
    5: Kearns
    4: Phillips
    3: Dunn, Felo, Freel, Milton
    2: Claussen, EdE, Griffey, Valentin
    1: Aurilia, Hatteberg, Lizard, Larue, Shackelford

MLB ERA
    Well, apparently Hatteberg is going to be at 1B, with Dunn going back to LF. We will now have questionable outfield defense. If Woe-mack starts at 2B with Hatteberg at 1B, we could have the worst right side of the infield in baseball. Freel better start at 2B. I don't like having Dunn back in the outfield though and I can't believe Hatteberg and his .677 OPS are going to be starting over someone who has potential, as Denorfia does.

We are getting $1.5 million in the deal too. Oh boy.

My opinion of the move went down because of Narron's desire to play Hatteberg (and probably Woe-mack or Aurilia at 2B). Gag me.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Agreed. Freel better start in LF now. They need to keep Dunn at 1B and put Aurilla at 2B.

MLB ERA
    Please fire Jerry Narron! I have really had it with him. It's bad enough that his lineup construction is poor, but he can't even play the right players either, which hurts the offense a lot.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Well, apparently Hatteberg is going to be at 1B, with Dunn going back to LF. We will now have questionable outfield defense. If Woe-mack starts at 2B with Hatteberg at 1B, we could have the worst right side of the infield in baseball. Freel better start at 2B. I don't like having Dunn back in the outfield though and I can't believe Hatteberg and his .677 OPS are going to be starting over someone who has potential, as Denorfia does.

We are getting $1.5 million in the deal too. Oh boy.

My opinion of the move went down because of Narron's desire to play Hatteberg (and probably Woe-mack or Aurilia at 2B). Gag me.
    Oh oh oh, cash and Hatteberg. It's sad that I cringe more from this team than the terrible things that happen in this world. I suppose that it's because this team has a choice and just continues to make bad ones. Wrong choice #1, keeping Jerry Narron on. Ugh.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    This says to me that the Reds weren't sold on Dunn at 1B, which I wasn't sold on myself. They knew if they moved Dunn back to the OF and put Pena on the bench, Pena would become a cancer.
    rf28

MLB ERA
    While it seems like both teams hate the deal for their teams I actually think it works out pretty good for each team. The Reds need a guy like Arroyo a lot more than Pena. I guess you guys are upset because of Pena's potential, but the dude can hardly put up a .300 OBP, that might be acceptable for some teams (like say the Mariners who can put up with the OBP and use the SLG), but the Reds still won't have much trouble next year scoring runs without WMP. You can't really argue with adding a guy who could be a legit 2-3 starter, the guy has run a 3.48 ERA away from Fenway over the past 3 years, I know GABP is a hitter's park too, but it is no Fenway (correct me if I'm wrong there).

If Dunn goes back to LF, then Freel should start at 2B, And Aurilla at 1B, IMO.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Please fire Jerry Narron! I have really had it with him. It's bad enough that his lineup construction is poor, but he can't even play the right players either, which hurts the offense a lot.
    I swear, if Hatteberg and Woemack are in the starting lineup for Opening Day, I am not watching. I'll casually follow the team this season, but a product that bad is not worth anyone's time.

I was really hoping they could take this and spin it into a positive (playing a youngster like Denorfia, adding Freel's speed and OBP to the top of the order, AKA going with the talent.) But obviously that isnt the case.

And how about the one-over they have pulled on Dunn. Oh, woops, sorry we made you miss the chance to play in the WBC, represent your country and possibly had helped them beat Mexico in the semi-finals so you could learn firstbase, just forget all that stuff. If I was Dunn, I would be PISSED.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    The Reds better be glad they signed Dunn to a LTC, cause they got him by the package right now. Look for Dunn to demand a trade in the not too distant future.
    rf28

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast