Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Willy Mo traded for Bronson Arroyo (Confirmed)

MLB ERA
    I don't know if Pena and Kearns will be playing full-time. Pena made Narron angry by not doing playing the game the right way by playing for his native country.

Also, Woe-ful-Mack does the little things so well that he'll probably end up in WMP's outfield spot.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Who needs slugging percentages and runs scored when someone, "knows how to play the game the right way."

MLB ERA
    Those darn numbers. They lie, I tell ya. They lie!

You just can't discount that veteran presence. Come on now.

Seriously, I'm starting to get afraid about our Opening Day lineup. I think they will be forced into playing EdE because of his hot ST (although I'm sure he'll be out the first time he goes 0-4). It will probably look like this if WMP is traded:

Womack LF
    Aurilia 2B
    Griffey CF
    Kearns RF
    Dunn 1B
    Lopez SS
    EdE 3B
    LaRue C
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I really don't know if I will be able to handle watching games when Woemack is leading off. And you know even if he doesn't getthe starting spot, when he does start, it will be coming from the leadoff start.

If anything is cringe worthy, that's it. Even more so than our pitching staff because it's not like we have much, much better options lying around than the ones being put into play.

MLB ERA
    You mean you don't want to see Womack get on base 30 percent of the time and then use his "speed" to steal bases?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    30% huh? So you're expecting Woemack to actually improve a bit this year? We're saved.

Maybe this year too he can hit 10 for extra bases. Watch out world.

MLB ERA
    Well, GABP will really turn him into something incredible. We will see how players that know how to play the game are better leadoff hitters than those who don't, even if they get on base about 8 or 9 percent less of the time.

MLB ERA
    I think Womack has to hit it out of the infield for GAB to benefit him. And I think Womack's even less likely to do that than Willy Taveras.

MLB ERA
    He might find a few extra doubles at GABP, especially when we get into the summer and get into that period when the balls are really flying around due to the humidity, breeze, etc.

My above post was sarcasm though, obviously.

MLB ERA
    I'm well aware of that. I just saw an opportunity to take a cheapshot at Willy Taveras.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    What was the point of trading Sean Casey if you aren't going to move Dunn to 1B? Oh yeah, that's right, MONEY!
    rf28

i don't actually mind the wily mo for arroyo deal, though i think there could be some additional players added to give the reds a little more.

the reason is that (call me a crazy optimist) i don't think that the best offense in the NL can ever be that far away from competing, whatever the "experts" say. I think that this year, if we had a starting staff that could put up ERA's below 4.5, we'd be contending in september. Harang, Arroyo, Claussen, and williams can do that, and maybe wilson/milton could come close.

Do we win it all with that staff? nope. But arroyo's contract is so sweet, that next year he takes wilsons' spot (and is cheaper, younger, better) freeing up money to sign a big name, and the year after that milton iis off the books freeing up more money. That season, 2008, the reds will probably still have harang and claussen, bailey could be up, they could have two potential free agent starters (from wilson and milton's money) and arroyo. That's a staff that could win it all depending on the quality of the FA starters, something like:

Bailey
    FA
    Harang
    FA
    Claussen
    Arroyo

So to me, the deal for arroyo isn't selling off the future for the present, it's getting something in the present and the future. in 2008 if we deal wily, our offense will still have Dunn, Kearns, Griffey, FeLO, EdE, so are we really going to be hurting for offense then either? With this deal i think we become a contender this year (which will be more fun for me) and position ourselves to make a serious run in 2008 with a deep rotation.
    Reds MVP Race

6: Arroyo, Harang
    5: Kearns
    4: Phillips
    3: Dunn, Felo, Freel, Milton
    2: Claussen, EdE, Griffey, Valentin
    1: Aurilia, Hatteberg, Lizard, Larue, Shackelford

MLB ERA
    News just broke on Cold Pizza - deal is apparently done. Arroyo for Pena, straight up.

holy crap, i can't believe they did that two seconds after i just posted.
    Reds MVP Race

6: Arroyo, Harang
    5: Kearns
    4: Phillips
    3: Dunn, Felo, Freel, Milton
    2: Claussen, EdE, Griffey, Valentin
    1: Aurilia, Hatteberg, Lizard, Larue, Shackelford

MLB ERA
    OK, now I am mad with Krivsky.

I'm sure Geki is thrilled with this move. I can't wait to see his take on this, lol.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast