Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Willy Mo traded for Bronson Arroyo (Confirmed)

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Re: Willy Mo traded for Bronson Arroyo (Confirmed)

In NFL's defense, I still know he misses Wily Mo. He really loved the guy as did most of us. But I bet he is happy with Arroyo now for sure.

And yes CRF, the Randa signing has been mentioned by you. I love it too!

Now, what kind of mess do you guys see us getting in when Hamilton or Freel gets dealt?

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by browntown653 View Post
    Not just in here...I'm sure there weren't too many Reds fans who were happy with this one. I never would have guessed it would turn out this way either after seeing Arroyo in Boston in '03 and '04.
    And who could blame them? Wily Mo was a favorite of mine and no one likes to see a player they have followed, supported and liked to get traded for a guy who by all reasons of statistics was primed to continue regressing. I only read the new posts, but I know I looked into Arroyo's stats prior to the trade (from dropping off the table in the second half of the season... I think, to pitching awful in Red Sox spring training.)

But you gotta say, Wally Mo was one of the few guys (Reds fans) that I saw anywhere to really see the light on Bronson and having success over here. Chalk it up to him watching the Red Sox I guess, but he called it with a lot of confidence.

Most Sox fans did
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

That's why I included the Reds fans part, because outside of you guys and teams that might of saw Bronson at his best often in the AL East, the stats weren't a pretty tale to be told for us more ignorant to Bronson outside of the numbers.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

I just have to say this, I am happy to have been wrong. Bronson is the man and the reason we competed last year. I am very happy to have him.

Although I do not think I frowned on this deal, I still mentioned I would miss Pena. And I still do. It is a shame he is still not getting a lot of playing time. At least it was that way last I looked.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    That's why I included the Reds fans part, because outside of you guys and teams that might of saw Bronson at his best often in the AL East, the stats weren't a pretty tale to be told for us more ignorant to Bronson outside of the numbers.
    That's exactly why I really think it's important to see someone on TV or (even better) in person.

I feel I have a pretty good "scout's eye," which helps me capture the potential/talent of a certain player in some cases where looking at the minor league numbers, etc. might not tell the full story.

I like "getting a good look" at a player before passing complete judgment on them (for the most part at least).
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA

man I miss these days where this board carried most of the action and so many Reds fans who don't come around any more. Oh yea I said it then and say it again I understood the reason why the deal went down and Arroyo was a great pitcher for the Reds.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415