Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: more questionable moves from krivsky

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    If Freel is traded, it better be for something worthwhile.

I'm not sure that will happen though. That sounds more like idle speculation from some folks who think trades are going to happen after every move made.

I could be wrong though.
    Lets do some idle speculation, just for the fun of it. Was just reading CBS.SportsLine.com and they're saying that the Marlins are still looking for a replacement for Pokey. They also go on to say that Scott Olsen,SP is on the trade market. Would you entertain the thought of trading Freel for Olsen? I't would be great if we could swap Womack for him, I'd even pay his salary, but I doubt the Fish would go for that. That Scott Olsen is a big, young, left hand pitcher with pretty good numbers. Don't have a clue as to why the Marlins are willing to trade him ?

i'd give up freel for olsen for sure, no doubt about it. i'd also give them aurilia and womack for olsen. Or womack, kata, menechino, and olmedo for olsen.

21 yr old lefty starters with 9.5 k/9 rates and career era's around 3 are worth all the crappy utility infielders we have.

but freel seems like he'd probably get their interest the most, and i'd do that for sure.
    Reds MVP Race

6: Arroyo, Harang
    5: Kearns
    4: Phillips
    3: Dunn, Felo, Freel, Milton
    2: Claussen, EdE, Griffey, Valentin
    1: Aurilia, Hatteberg, Lizard, Larue, Shackelford

MLB ERA
    The Marlins aren't gonna give up Olsen for anyone but Freel, and that seems highly unlikely as well. Utility guys just aren't worth that much when it comes to trade value.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12