Thread: Harang has shoulder inflammation

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Harang has shoulder inflammation

SARASOTA, Fla. - Aaron Harang, the Reds' de facto No. 1 starter, has been scratched from his start today against the Pittsburgh Pirates with right shoulder inflammation.
    The Reds are saying it's not as bad as it sounds.
    "He's been working on some mechanical changes with some of his pitches," trainer Mark Mann said. "He's been dealing with this for about a week. We decided to have him skip a start and let it calm down.

"This is more of a precaution."
    Mann said Harang has not had an MRI or X-ray of the shoulder.
    "We haven't deemed it necessary to do any kind of diagnostic work," Mann said.
    Harang didn't throw Wednesday and won't throw today.
    "We'll see how he is Friday," Mann said.
    Harang, a 27-year-old right-hander, went 11-13 with a 3.83 ERA last year.
    http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.d...90399/1071/SPT

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Hopefully this is just a precaution like they say. If so, I am happy they are taking every precaution necessary. Which is a far cry from last season with some of our pitchers. (Wilson comes to mind.)

I wonder who will be throwing in his place.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Per Marc's Blog:

BRADENTON -- Caught up with Aaron Harang back at the complex this morning. He said he isn't worried at all about his shoulder inflammation, and that he had a similar problem under similar circumstances a few years ago.

"It’s a soreness, and every once in a while it’ll grab me, but it’s right in the middle of my deltoid, which is muscle-based," said Harang. "If it was in the front or the back of my shoulder, then we’d worry about it.

"I did the same thing in AA, we were kind of tinkering with some mechanics and the same thing happened, it got inflamed. It’s basically my body telling me it doesn’t like what I’m doing, so do what I was doing before."

Said Jerry Narron: "If it was the season, I think he’d have pitched today."

AAA ERA
    great our lone spot in the rotation is already starting out hurt, that usually means the whole season will be spent on and off DL