Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EdE goes deep again!

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Geki Ace
    It's actually pretty damn easy to do. They both give up a ton of homers.
    Yeah, but it gives a bit more credit to Ed E in the eyes of the haters.

Richmond, VA......finally a man with a home
    MLB ERA
    must be steroids

(Please note, words laced with sarcasm)

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    MOVING UP: Edwin Encarnacion has been a force offensively this spring and continued the hot hitting Thursday.

The Reds third baseman hit a two-run home run in his first at-bat against Pirates pitcher Ian Snell and now is batting .429 with a team-leading five homers and 12 RBI in seven games.

"He's definitely been locked in on offense," Narron said.

Encarnacion batted eighth in 36 of his 69 games with the Reds last season, but that's not necessarily where Narron sees the third baseman in the near future.

"I think he's going to be a middle-of-the-order guy," Narron said. "We're talking about a young kid. He's got some growing to do.

"The big thing is if he's going to be an RBI guy that's going to drive in the big runs there in the middle of the order. That's what we're going to have to find out."
    http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.d...603100355/1071

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Sounds like Narron is really impressed. This is only a positive thing as Aurilia may be put on the back burner for once. We all had hoped that EdE would come out and make a huge impact. well he has done more than I hoped. Keep it up EdE!

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    EdE just hit a triple today which makes him 2 for 2! Man, I can't believe the tear he is on.

With Freel not starting off so well, I think it is a battle for 2B with Womack and Aurilia. EdE should have 3B locked up by now. What a spring he is having!

MLB ERA
    I'd rather have Freel and Aurilia than EdE and Aurilia/Womack.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    You would rather have Aurilia start over EdE? Why? Don't you think that EdE needs the experience vs. sitting on the bench missing out on ABs or going back to Louisville and dominating without much of a challenge?

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter
    EdE just hit a triple today which makes him 2 for 2! Man, I can't believe the tear he is on.

With Freel not starting off so well, I think it is a battle for 2B with Womack and Aurilia. EdE should have 3B locked up by now. What a spring he is having!
    Yeah, I agree. 2B has become an interesting battle. Especially with 3B being a lock now. I would like to think Aurilia has the edge at 2B but you never know. Here are their stats to yesterday:

Aurilia: .250(3-15) 0HR 2RBI 1 double, 3 runs, 1K, 1BB
    Womack: .389(7-18) 0HR 1RBI 1 run, 2 CS

MLB ERA
    You missed the point. I'm saying that I'd rather have Narron start Freel no matter what he has done in spring training and put Aurilia at 3rd than have Edwin at 3rd and Aurilia or Womack at 2nd. Obviously I'd prefer having both Freel and Edwin start, but Freel's more valuable if you ask me.

AA ERA
    I see where you are coming from Geki. Edwin needs to start at 3rd either way IMO. If somehow Womack wins 2B, I still want Edwin at 3rd. I understand what Freel brings to the table, but I dont want Edwin stuck on the bench like Pena had to go through b/c of "better" players. Really, 2B should only be between Aurilia and Freel. But what ever comes of it we will just have to wait and see. All we can hope for is that the best option is playing.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Ok I see what you are saying now Geki. I have to second volzok on this one though. edE just has to play in order to mature into the major leaguer we all know he can be. We can't watch his potential go down the drain due to sitting on the bench.

freel is just not making a case for himself this spring yet either. I bet if he had a slight chance at all (which is all I thought he had in the first place) it is gone now. Man love from Narron to Aurilia will be with us until one of them is gone.

MLB ERA
    You guys are still missing the point. There was no deeper meaning to what I was saying. I wasn't making any realistic comparisons, just saying, in essence, that I like Freel more than EdE. That's it.

MLB ERA
    I just drafted Edwin Encarnacion in a fantasy league.

Edwin for starter! Edwin for batting in between Dunn and Griffey! Goooo Edwin!

Richmond, VA......finally a man with a home
    MLB ERA
    EdE homered (#6) again today in a win vs the BoSox:

2-3 2runs 2rbi 1hr 1sb

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Not again! Thanks for the update bipster. I didn't get a chance to catch today's game. Beautiful! I can't wait to see him play this year.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12