Thread: reds play a terrible game

reds play a terrible game

the reds didn't look good today in a 6-3 loss to the blue jays.

first off milton lasted 2/3 of an inning giving up 4 hits and a walk, including a three run homer to the third batter of the game. on the plus side, he did aggrevate his calf strain, so maybe he won't be able to pitch for a while.

then there was kearns' 0 for 3 with 3 strike outs, never good to see.

and felo, although he did double and score, got picked off and caught stealing.

EdE had an 2 RBI double for a bright spot and coffey and ramirez through 3 innings of scoreless ball.
    Reds MVP Race

6: Arroyo, Harang
    5: Kearns
    4: Phillips
    3: Dunn, Felo, Freel, Milton
    2: Claussen, EdE, Griffey, Valentin
    1: Aurilia, Hatteberg, Lizard, Larue, Shackelford

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Release Milton NOW or trade him to Detroit!

Start Kearns in AAA because he obviously can't hit. I don't think he ever will.
    rf28

that's a tad harsh on kearns. dunn's been just as bad so far, it's early.

As for milton, i'd be shopping him as hard as i could right now. get him out of here. the royals are going to need a starter or two with grienke gone and redman down.
    Reds MVP Race

Royals don't have the money nor do they have interest.

Right now, I don't see Milton going anywhere. Except Washington.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

AAA ERA
    yeah i saw that line on Milton today, and must say, not shocked, the guy is a joke, oh well, i will just be sure to not go down there on days he pitches.

EdE is impressing, read a nice article on him how he impressed Randy Johnson.

Also a slight nod, that I think Tuffy Rhoads got a hit, or an RBI, or something, hope to see him play well.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan28
    Release Milton NOW or trade him to Detroit!

Detroit don't want him, we're actually trying to win this year.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I just mentioned them because of their ballpark. Trade him to any team with a pitchers park.

As for Kearns, no I am not being harsh. Ever since Ray King destroyed him, he hasn't been the same and I don't know if he'll ever be. Dunn, on the other hand, has proven that he can mash.
    rf28

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan28
    I just mentioned them because of their ballpark. Trade him to any team with a pitchers park.

As for Kearns, no I am not being harsh. Ever since Ray King destroyed him, he hasn't been the same and I don't know if he'll ever be. Dunn, on the other hand, has proven that he can mash.
    If this were the regular season yeah. It's spring training though.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    It just sucks to see Milton get off to a terrible start. I am not too worried about Kearns because he may just be getting in the groove of things. I hope pitchers are throwing him pitches down and in so he can get used to seeing it this season. He will see at least two pitches down and in every at bat this season until he starts to hit it.

Anyhow, I am definitely worried about Milton. This outing sparks the nightmare of last season. I don't care what other people say about him anymore. I don't want to hear the high hopes Narron and Ruhle have for him. I want to see the hope turn into reality. There has to be proof on the field. So far it has been all talk. Next we are going to hear that he is still working on some things with Ruhle. and we will accept that and hope that they can figure it out. I just hope this doesn't continue into the season.

Kearns put up an .851 OPS last year after the all-star break with 12 HRs, 40 R, and 42 rbi in 217 ABs. I'm not arguing that this means he's a proven commodity, in fact you can find posts of mine on this board that say he's still a question mark.

But the fact is if you extend those numbers out over 500 ABs that's 28 hrs, 92 R, and 97 RBI with good defense. Last year that would have made put him 2nd in HRs, 3rd in R, and 3rd in RBI among RF. It's at least worth giving him a shot to see.
    Reds MVP Race

...its spring training, stats mean nothing. Except in the case of Milton...he just plain sucks.