Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 LastLast

Thread: Minor League Discussion

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I know Junior is 4 years away, but what if we still have Pena, Kearns, and Dunn then? Nevermind I doubt that would happen. We should have this concern behind us 4 years from now.

We really have to do something this offseason with one of our 4 outfielders.

MLB ERA
    Homer Bailey: 5ip 2h 0r 1bb 11K's vs. the Clinton LumberKings
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    11 K's in 5 innings?!? Whoa boy. Those kind of stats make me happy like only a beautiful women or a large sum of cash should. >_>

Homer has also had control problems this year so it's great to see him with such a pretty K/BB ratio in this game. This kid is going to be something special.

MLB ERA
    homer this season:

4.34 ERA, 85 IP, 103 k's 50bb's, 72 H, 5 HRA
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

great k rate, nice hit h/9 rate, and nice HR rate. just get the walks down and you have a ace

AA ERA
    AAA Hancock: 8IP 10Ks 2BBs 1ER
    AA Basham: 6IP 8Ks 2BBs 3ER
    A.5 Medlock: 6IP, 5Ks, 0BBs, 2ER
    A Bailey: 5IP 11Ks 1BB 0ER

Our Majors team might have the day off but down on the farm our Starting Pitchers were throwing some gems. I'm liking all of this. Hancock i think will be called up soon. well maybe as soon as 9/1

MLB ERA
    Great to see from Bailey.

I think it's time we replace Ortiz and Milton with Hancock(even if he doesn't have great stuff) and Germano. They couldn't be any worse than those two have been for much of the season.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reds_fan_4_life
    AAA Hancock: 8IP 10Ks 2BBs 1ER
    AA Basham: 6IP 8Ks 2BBs 3ER
    A.5 Medlock: 6IP, 5Ks, 0BBs, 2ER
    A Bailey: 5IP 11Ks 1BB 0ER

Our Majors team might have the day off but down on the farm our Starting Pitchers were throwing some gems. I'm liking all of this. Hancock i think will be called up soon. well maybe as soon as 9/1
    Pretty good night for our boys down on the farm. Thanks for posting these. Real nice to see Hancock with such a good game after having some putrid starts, hopefully he's healthy. He's not the missing piece to the puzzle as Dan O sometimes elludes to, but if he can be just average, I will be happy.

I am also really pulling for Basham. I know he's still coming back from surgery so he's a ways away and he is playing against younger competition for the most part, but I would love to see him have a strong comeback to regain at least a little bit of the hype he once had. I wonder how his stuff looks and his velocity. Hmm.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    Great to see from Bailey.

I think it's time we replace Ortiz and Milton with Hancock(even if he doesn't have great stuff) and Germano. They couldn't be any worse than those two have been for much of the season.
    Call me crazy, but I really would like to see Milton finish out the season. I don't know if it's luck, the competition he faced or whatever but he has thrown a couple real nice games lately. True he has also thrown some stinkers but if Ruhle is really fixing him (fixing mechanics often takes time), give his contract, I would like to see some more starts. Likely we are stuck with Milton so why not is how I figure it. But I do see your point without a doubt and if he was yanked from the rotation, there would be no crying from me. Ha.

Ortiz though can go. I sincerly hope the Reds don't resign him and even I don't think Dan O is quite that ignorant.

MLB ERA
    Milton has been better lately, but I still feel nervous with him out there. I do like that his hit totals have went down lately, but he still needs to work on making a smaller number of mistakes pitches. I think he's been a little bit lucky lately when it comes to getting away with mistake pitches. I'm not saying he hasn't had some good starts lately, but he's made a couple of pitches that could have easily been hit for additional HR. The team will probably hang on to him, but if he doesn't finish the year strong, I can see him being let go, especially if we get a new GM and ownershp(as some have said we will be). I remember on WLW a week or two ago one of the beat guys was talking to Marty and said that the rumor going around the team was that the new ownership might have plans to up the payroll to $85-90 million. I'm not sure about that, but it could happen.

And I do think Ortiz will be gone at the end of the year whether O'Brien stays or doesn't(and I've been saying since earlier in the year that he'd be gone by the offseason...O'Brien that is). Hudson has been better lately and with Hancock/Germano both showing some things, Ortiz could find himself out of the rotation by next month and relegated to the bullpen if he struggles over his next couple of starts.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Travis Chick is staring for the Lookouts tonight. Lets hope for a strong game from him!

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Chatanooga starts off the game with a 3-0 lead! Good lead for Chick. Moving on to the bottom of the 2nd.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Chick gives up a run in the second. 3-1 Lookouts.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Lookouts score another run in the second! 4-1

Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 LastLast