Thread: no pedro

no pedro

from lancaster:

"SARASOTA -- The Reds apparently are out of the hunt for Pedro Astacio. Haven't talked to Krivsky, so I don't know which side broke it off.

From the report in the Washington Post today, it sounded like the Nationals got fed up with Astacio's contract demands and bailed, despite their now even more urgent need for starting pitching.

Krivsky said yesterday that he didn't plan to move off the contract framework he already had offered (which he didn't specify), so I imagine the Reds' elimination from the picture came down in similar fashion. "

i like the sound of this. i would guess that the "contract framework" was a non-guaranteed deal so the reds wouldn't have been on the hook if paul wilson is ready to go and/or astacio looked horrible, and i'm much happier knowing that Kriv was ready to stick to those guns.

something tells me danO wouldn't have made the same decision there. Put another one on the board for Wayne.
    Reds MVP Race

6: Arroyo, Harang
    5: Kearns
    4: Phillips
    3: Dunn, Felo, Freel, Milton
    2: Claussen, EdE, Griffey, Valentin
    1: Aurilia, Hatteberg, Lizard, Larue, Shackelford

MLB ERA
    I don't think Krivsky makes a deal unless he thinks it is a deal that can help in some way.

Astacio's offer was probably too much. Krivsky probably told him he would be competing but wasn't guaranteed anything and he asked for more than the team was willing to offer for someone who just "might" make the rotation.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

AA ERA
    Good call Wally and good find. I agree with you all the way.

MLB ERA
    oh well, no big loss. I wanted him here if it was non guarenteed and then see how the chips fell. I figure someone would give him a guarenteed contract.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA
    Good. Giving him any deal would've been stupid.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    This is definitely good news. Its great to know we have a GM that will stick to his guns. I think it is better off this way anyhow since we will be deleting any confusion as to why Krivsky signed him and what role he would play. Again, I don't trust Narron's judgement on talent and he could have started Astacio over Harang even.