this froma washington paper:

"The Nationals already have feelers out for Reds outfielder Wily Mo Pena, and a Nationals scout is expected to look at him sometime this week.

The Nationals have been after Pena since last season. He is a player who Bowden acquired from the Yankees when he was the general manager of the Reds. Last year, Pena hit .254 with 19 home runs and 54 RBIs for Cincinnati. Bowden has always believed that Pena has the potential of being a similar player to Sammy Sosa."

i happen to agree with bowden on wily mo, and think the reds would be well served to keep him and trade kearns. but that said i think one of them should be traded, and if we can get a better deal for wily right now because bowden is crazy about him, then we should do it.

The scenario i see is this: vidro looks good for the nats at second and soriano (what a terrible trade that was) refuses to play left field. There are lots of teams that don't have second base locked down, and the we do a three team deal with the nats getting a package of prospects for soriano and flipping the best starting pitcher to the reds for wily mo. the reds get a top prospect for wily mo, and bowden doesn't look like such a moron because he gets a legit left fielder with power and maybe someone else for wilkerson sledge and the prospect he sent for soriano.

who the third team could be and who the prospect would be, but the team would have to be a contender since soriano only has a year left on his deal and the prospet would have to AA or higher with #2 potential i would think.