Thread: Dunn, Jocketty Talk...Not Contract?

MLB ERA

Contract Dunn, Jocketty Talk...Not Contract?

The Enquirer - Dunn chats up Jocketty

I never would have envisioned, but from this article, Adam Dunn seems to be a very intelligent man, and he seems to have his head on straight. Interesting to see that he would sit and chat with his manager and GM in a contract year...especially since he's been the face of the franchise for so long...and not even ASK about a new contract. I'm sure this team will take its time considering all options, but if you ask me, Griffey has to go, Dunn has to stay. I know Dunn is not the best overall player in the game, but as long as he is hitting 30+ HR, and driving in 100+ runs every year, I don't think the Reds should let him go. Bruce can go to RF to replace Griffey, Dunn stays in LF, especially since they say Bruce is better in RF than anywhere else. There's no reason to let Dunn go...he could fetch a pretty penny elsewhere. Rumor says if the Reds are dumb enough to let him go, he could end up in Houston...his hometown team. Any Reds fans wanna let him go, and see him hit AGAINST you 19 times a year? I didn't think so...

AAA ERA

Re: Dunn, Jocketty Talk...Not Contract?

i heard Jocketty talking the other day and he doesn't believe in talking contract during the season.. so don't hold your breath for a contract until after the season