Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's the situation on Dunn?

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

What's the situation on Dunn?

Is he just slumping or has the Reds messed him up?

He has faced overall very good pitching so that can be some of the blame for his struggles, but other than the first game (two of his 6 season hits) he's been cold. The most concerning number to me is the amount of walks he has drawn. So is it an error in his approach or just a slump? Anything mechanically different from last year?

I know it's early and it could be a slump, but it's dissappointing to see the big guy struggle like this.

MLB ERA
    too much pressure i think

last year he exceeded everyones expectations.

now he's going out there and they want thim to hit 50 hr's this year, so i'm sure all he's got on his mind is HR HR HR
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I really think they should switch Griffey and Dunn. Griffey hit well in the 5 spot last year and I think putting Dunn at two would take some pressure off of him and he can just focus on getting on base.

One thing you can say about his few hit's though is when he hit's them, they stay hit, almost all are extra base hits.

I drafted him. THAT'S what happened.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Why couldnt of you drafted someone like Oswalt? That would of helped us a lot curse boy (no reference to the former BoSox curse.)

I did draft Oswalt! And Clemens twice! Only my hitters are cursed unless they are named Brandon Inge.

In the MLB Forum league, my best ranked hitter? Julio Lugo. Second? Brandon Inge. Third? Jeromy Burnitz. Then Shea Hillenbrand! Six of my pitchers are ranked better than my best hitter.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Brandon Inge is a stud. The career .350 some guy is slugging over .600 now, gotta love that.

And he plays C/3B/OF. That's the reason I got him on most of my teams.

And the trend continues in another one of my leagues. Every single non-DLed pitcher is ranked in the Top 100 (Schmidt, Clemens, Guardado, Batista, Hernandez, Davis, Lowe) only two hitters (Tejada and Chipper Jones) are. That's the team with Dunn (Durazo, Drew, Freel, Castillo off waivers, etc.)

BTW, regarding fantasy, I have a couple questions.

In my league (I think standard settings), both Julio Lugo and Larry Walker (waivers) are available. I have (among others): Freel, Durazo, Lieberthal/Barrett, and Castillo (picked up for Clint Barnes, who is now the top ranked FA). Should I drop any of those guys for Lugo or Walker.

Also, Kevin Brown is coming back soon and he's stashed on the DL. Should I drop him or someone else for him?

They messed him up.

You can't mess with a guy game. I remember Mariners fans were complauing last year when the M's told Ichiro to start taking more pitches...he struggled. Now the Reds are trying to get Dunn to take LESS pitches and swing at pitches early in the count to avoid striking out...even if it means swinging at bad pitches.

I told you guys it wouldn't work. Unfortunately I was right.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishercat
    BTW, regarding fantasy, I have a couple questions.

In my league (I think standard settings), both Julio Lugo and Larry Walker (waivers) are available. I have (among others): Freel, Durazo, Lieberthal/Barrett, and Castillo (picked up for Clint Barnes, who is now the top ranked FA). Should I drop any of those guys for Lugo or Walker.
    I'd drop Durazo for Walker. I think Durazo had a career year last year and given the Cards lineup and Walker's history, he should end up having a productive season. I don't know about Lugo though.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamDunn#44
    They messed him up.

You can't mess with a guy game. I remember Mariners fans were complauing last year when the M's told Ichiro to start taking more pitches...he struggled. Now the Reds are trying to get Dunn to take LESS pitches and swing at pitches early in the count to avoid striking out...even if it means swinging at bad pitches.

I told you guys it wouldn't work. Unfortunately I was right.
    I see him averaging 4 pitches per AB which seems low for him so you are right on that count. Do you know what he averaged last season (or about anyways)?

Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21
    I see him averaging 4 pitches per AB which seems low for him so you are right on that count. Do you know what he averaged last season (or about anyways)?
    Dunn finished 3rd in the league last year with a 4.24 pitchers per atbat.

btw check your pm's in about 5 minutes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast