Thread: Krivsky continues to revamp the front office

Krivsky continues to revamp the front office

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today...60217reds.html

It didn’t take long for new Reds general manager Wayne Krivsky to overhaul his organization’s front office.

The latest piece was announced Thursday, as Krivsky hired Chris Buckley as the Reds’ senior director of scouting. Terry Reynolds, who ran the last two drafts for the club, remains scouting director but reports to Buckley.

Buckley spent 17 seasons with the Blue Jays organization, including three as scouting director (2001-2003). Buckley’s first-round picks--Gabe Gross, Russ Adams and Aaron Hill—all reached the major leagues, and the three drafts have produced nine big league players so far.

I've seen some of the talent that Buckley drafted in New Hampshire, and while the pitching clearly outclasses the hitting, some of the players there were intriguing. I believe Ryan Roberts was drafted by him, as were the three picks mentioned.

He can't be worse than O'Brien or Bowden (Krivsky).
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I don't know much about Buckley, but it is great to see Krivsky take care of a need. This Buckley guy has quite the resume and I can't find any fault in this move.

Geki?

MLB ERA
    Fine with me. I'm gonna try to find out more about the guy before making a final judgment, but Reynolds is looking like he blew the draft two years ago and it's too early to tell on last year. Having Gabe Gross, Russ Adams, and Aaron Hill as your success stories doesn't excite me, but it's better than Ty Howington, David Espinosa, Jeremy Sowers, and Chris Gruler.

We're picking 8th in this year's draft and there's a huge amount of pitching talent, especially out of the high school level. We could get another potential ace which works for me, so we'll see how it goes.

AAA ERA
    Hard to criticize the move until it fails... (If it does...)
    One-Time TBL Champ
    Baltimore Orioles (2018)

Three-Time S3SL Champ
    Pittsburgh Pirates Detroit Tigers St. Louis Cardinals

2012 B/S Keeper League Champ - Boston Terror