Thread: Plenty to catch up on

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Plenty to catch up on

So much stuff has happened the last few weeks. I must hear all your opinions on these happenings.

Lets discuss:

The Castellini hiring, the Krivsky hiring, the DanO firing, the Dunn signing, and everything else we have not been able to talk about.

I want to know who does not like these moves or where our franchise is going. I want to know who absolutely loves them.

Is Cast the next Steinbrenner or just the answer to our prayers? Is Krivsky the right man for the job? Haveyou disliked any of the moves Krivsky has made yet?

Lets hear it...

MLB ERA
    I don't think you can call it a Castellini hiring. Krivsky was the 3rd best choice for the job. Yay for no DanO. The Dunn signing was fine, but I would've preferred two years longer. Hopefully Castellini is the next Steinbrenner, but that seems unlikely. No, Krivsky was not the right man for the job. I've disliked almot every move Krivsky has made so far.

Hello, everyone.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    You disliked the Hatteberg signing?

AA ERA
    I think the Hatteberg signing was a very good one, It allows them more depth at 1B and more versatility with Dunn. By the way I had to create a new account, managed to get the same forum name. I wonder why it wouldnt let me login and have to re-register my account?
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

MLB ERA
    There wasn't much point to it. He's not gonna bring any more off the bench than Jacob Cruz, and he isn't a guy with much upside. It's an okay signing, but certainly nothing exciting. The Perez and McCracken signings were horrible. The Rhodes signing is a nice story, but is very unlikely to have any impact. The Gosling pick-up was low-risk, low-reward, and is another one unlikely to make a huge impact. Krivsky has made a lot of moves, but I really don't think any of them do much to improve the organization's standing. Hopefully his front office moves were good, at least. Overall, I would've preferred Wren or Mozeliak to Krivsky.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    BoSox, I think a few people had to re-register if they were still kind of new to the site. We lost a little time on here, so thats probably why.

Geki, I agree with you that most of the signings were not a whole lot to get excited about. McCracken signing was not too great IMO. But the rest were decent on account of Krivsky not having anything at all to work with. I like the Hatteberg signing because he is a better defender at 1B than anyone else we could have to backup Dunn. And he can still hit as well as Cruz. Well hopefully. I think it was an upgrade to our bench and could pay off in a trade of an outfielder.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter
    BoSox, I think a few people had to re-register if they were still kind of new to the site. We lost a little time on here, so thats probably why.
    I believe it's because he originally registered after the restore date of 12/20. Basically, it's like he never registered in the first place since we lost all data after 12/20.

MLB ERA
    That Dunn signing was sweet. It gets his peak for cheap, and there's not way in hell his option gets exercised with only a 500K buyout.

AAA ERA
    Yeah nice Dunn signing.

Castellini needs to scale back his "we're gonna win" chants or the fans will ride him on a rail.
    One-Time TBL Champ
    Baltimore Orioles (2018)

Three-Time S3SL Champ
    Pittsburgh Pirates Detroit Tigers St. Louis Cardinals

2012 B/S Keeper League Champ - Boston Terror

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I personally DO NOT like the Dunn signing, but I won't go into that. I just am not a big Dunn fan.
    rf28

MLB ERA
    Sean Casey has twice the heart of Adam Dunn.

And half the bat.

AAA ERA
    i really like the Dunn signing...but yea i think it shouldve been longer.