Thread: Brad Lidge? Dunn mentioned in a possible deal.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Brad Lidge? Dunn mentioned in a possible deal.

"Brad Lidge- Astros shopping him in hopes of landing a big bat...CIN and HOU have discussed an Adam Dunn for Lidge swap...ATL interested and could offer some young pitching, a young middle INF or a catching prospect"

http://www.mlb4u.com/rumors.html

This is the only thing I have found on this supposed talk. But it is something to look at and be in fear of.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    per rotorworld:

The Houston Chronicle's John P. Lopez believes the Astros are using Brad Lidge as trade bait for an outfielder.
    "He has been and will be offered," Lopez writes in his blog. Lopez is more circumspect in his Chronicle column today, but still throws out possibilities such as Bobby Abreu, Manny Ramirez and Adam Dunn. Miguel Tejada is also there, but the Orioles and Reds can probably be ruled out, as neither team is an elite closer away from getting over the hump. Abreu makes the most sense of any possibility. In the unlikely event that the Astros do trade Lidge, Chad Qualls would likely be the favorite over Dan Wheeker to close. Dec. 11 - 4:38 am et

Does this become the new fear that we have from DanO? We don't need a new closer this bad. Stay away DanO. Look elsewhere and find a starting pitcher.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    I posted a link to a story about this in the Houston forum.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Lidge? You have to be kidding me. We could still finish at best .500 but hey, our Saves to Blown Saves ratio will be much better! If Dan O does this, I invite him to come kick me in my testicles because that's what a deal like that would certainly feel like.

Don't get me wrong, Lidge is a stud but given that our rotation is still beyond terrible overall, I'll take the 150 games plus that Dunn will play and the elite level OPS versus having a solid guy in the 9th inning for the few times when we have a lead.

CRF, do you think these have any legit base to them? Or is it just the usual Houston has liked Dunn in the past and he's from there... so, why not?

MLB ERA
    I'd do it if the Astros threw in, say, Roy Oswalt.

MLB ERA
    Whats scary is that O'Brien would probably do this... I would put nothing past him now.

It would be a certainty if Houston threw in a couple good (not great) spects plus Lidge and he would think he was making progress...
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    The real scary part is DanO is definitely not guaranteed to keep Dunn around. He hasn't not mentioned a thing about locking him up to a LTC. I know he would say it is because he does not want to make anyone untouchable yet. But it still pops in my mind that he would not oppose to this.

Man I wish our new ownership was set and that they were to force DanO to lock Dunn up long term and to raise the payroll.

Lidge is fantastic, one of the elite relievers in baseballl...but that's still only 90 innings max. Dunn's worth so much more.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Lidge and Oswalt? Now who's getting raped?

MLB ERA
    Nothing to these rumors. Move along.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Yeah, I didn't think so after a while. I think this is derived from someone wanting to see Dunn back in Texas.