Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Casey traded to Pirates for Dave Williams

also, we're paying 2 mil of casey's contract next year.
    Reds MVP Race

6: Arroyo, Harang
    5: Kearns
    4: Phillips
    3: Dunn, Felo, Freel, Milton
    2: Claussen, EdE, Griffey, Valentin
    1: Aurilia, Hatteberg, Lizard, Larue, Shackelford

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wally Mo Pena
    Williams was a fly ball pitcher last year (G/F .90), and had the same ERA and WHIP that matt Belisle did. Some of us have said that Belisle might be a good fifth starter for us, but no one has said he was the answer to our bad starting pitching. Williams has never pitched more than 140 innings. He's had serious arm trouble. He walks too many guys. These are not the earmarks of a significant move to improve the staff.
    A flyball pitcher who doesn't strikeout a ton and walks too many and had serious luck on his side last year. I wonder where all those thoughts regarding groundball pitchers and strikeout pitchers went for Dan O. Obviously you couldnt demand a ton for Casey but you would of at least thought he could of scored a groundball pitcher from somewhere.

MLB ERA
    Unless this move relates to upcoming moves in certain ways. I think it does...
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    This just doesn't look right, does it?
    Casey traded to Pirates for Dave Williams Attached Images Casey traded to Pirates for Dave Williams-ph_112087-jpg 
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    Please Major League Baseball approve the sale of the Reds and Castinelli please put Dan O'Brien out his misery as a GM cause it is abundantly clear he is no where near the level this organization needs. This deal sucks, Casey might have had a bad year BUT HE STILL HIT 300. That alone should merit some value. Plus the fact we are paying part of the contract is beyond ridiculous.

Please Bud, hurry up and pass the sell of the team before its too late.

This move does NOTHING TO IMPROVE the team and takes away a bargaining chip out of the Reds MO for a glorified reliever who will be lucky to beat out Jimmy Anderson and Danny Graves for a spot in the bullpen pitching in GABP.
    Sure would be nice to have Jim Bowden back, his ego may have been big but he gave us hope every year, how would Soriano look as our second baseman and leadoff hitter about now?

As far as trading Casey, Wily Mo would have been the guy to deal, it is about on base percentage. The Oakland A's have proven that you can score runs without high batting averages and holding on the Wily Mo and his pathetic on base percantage and trading away a guy who walks, and provides positive team chemistry, even though Casey didn't hit for power, hit into alot of double plays, and wasn't the best defensively, I felt his positive energy and hitting for average outweighed the bad, good luck Case.. I say O'Brien, you fool, quit landing us number 4-5 starters, either get us a number 1, or work on another need. Like who's going to close? Is Edwin really the future at third? What about a backup plan? And Jason Larue sucks!! Improve the catching situtation and you improve your pitching.

Now let's be fair, DanO only traded two non-40 man players for Womack, Bowden paid four million bucks per for four years for Cristian Guzman.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishercat
    Now let's be fair, DanO only traded two non-40 man players for Womack, Bowden paid four million bucks per for four years for Cristian Guzman.
    It's a little early to compare Womack and Guzman when Womack hasn't even had one at bat. Womack could bomb and cost us the season and make Guzman look like a steal. I am comparing two GM's over their Red's tenure. My point being, with Bowden, I had more hope every year, one could also make a case over the direction of the team while each GM was at the helm but one thing is for sure, Bowden valued Casey more then O'Brien did. Didn't Bowden say once that Casey would be an impact player like Jeff Bagwell? Oh well, you win some you lose some. Bowden wasn't afraid to lose some. On such a small market team I'm not sure that was such a bad idea.

I can't imagine that Womack can be much worse than Guzman. Simply playing in GAB could make pretty much any functioning pro-level player better than what Guzman did last year at the plate. And Kevin Howard and Hines are less of a price than even the 2-3 million monetary separation.

I'm just saying they both suck and you should hire Depo, that's all. (OK, I just did that to get a rise out of CRF, sorry. )
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

MLB ERA
    My sarcasm meter is measuring off the charts...
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678