Thread: Welcome back to Da Nati, Brook Jacoby

MLB ERA

Welcome back to Da Nati, Brook Jacoby

http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs...ting-coach.asp

Jacoby, ex-Reds minor league hitting coach, hired on as major league hitting coach.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Brook Jacoby??? That's the best we could do? If this is any indication as to what will happen in the offseason, we are in for some seriously crappy action.
    rf28

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    We definitely could have done better IMO. But if he was linked to the Rangers, then he must have had something to do with Texeira and Young. Right?

Dunn has credited him on helping him out as well. Although he glorified Chambliss (as should be) he also has love for Jacoby. I wonder if this may be a sign of keeping Dunn afterall. Or at least a glimmer of hope can be taken from this.

ither way, I am not too upset about the hire. But the pitching coach hire better be the best we can get. I still wonder if it is going to be Browning. With his role as the Steam pitching coach and his consistancy in being everywhere, I wouldn't doubt it at all.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I don't think it's a reflection on Dunn so much as it's a reflection on the very true themes of this organization: if you knew Narron or Krivsky in a past life, you're a lock. But it could mean that we someone in the Reds organization liked the potential impact he could have on Dunn as he is from all accounts I've ever read, at least a solid guy. There were better choices out there, but learning from Rudy Jamarillo, he has to know a thing or two about being a hitting coach.

Thank god it wasn't Wynegar.

AAA ERA
    wow, welcome mediocrite

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    per Marc Lancaster:

Brook Jacoby worked with Adam Dunn at a couple stages of the outfielder's minor league development, so the new coach has an idea about the approach he'll take. He was asked on a conference call if cutting down Dunn's strikeout total was a concern.

"I consider 194 of them a little bit of an issue," said Jacoby. "If he were to put the ball in play a little more, I’m sure it would mean some more RBIs and possibly some more hits. It might be an approach thing with him with two strikes; it might be a mechanical thing. I’ll have to sit down and talk to him and we’ll figure it out. I’d like to think something could be improved there."
    I hate to be overdramatichere, but if you were hired as the Reds hitting coach, wouldn't you be studying tapes of all your hitters' mechanics? Just a thought...

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter
    I hate to be overdramatichere, but if you were hired as the Reds hitting coach, wouldn't you be studying tapes of all your hitters' mechanics? Just a thought...
    Adam Dunn is the headliner on the team so of course he is going to be what most people wanna talk about.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes